PDA

View Full Version : System Administrator

rady
28-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I have new PC with Windows 7 Professional.

Have had mininal trouble loading software including some in XP Mode.

Suddenly received message in Windows Installer that "sys admin has policies to prevent this installation" when I tried to install "Microsoft Image Composite Editor", downloaded from the PC World disk.

Please, I need help - How do I access System Administrator etc and allow the installation. Need detailed assistance. Have not needed to do this before.

Rady

nedkelly
28-09-2010, 06:31 PM
System Administrator is a job position.
Is this a work or personal machine?

wainuitech
28-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome to PF1. :)

try right clicking on the exe file you are trying to install, run as Administrator.

If that doesn't work try turning Off UAC. To do this, Click Start, type in User look for " change user Account Control Settings" then click it to open, move the slider to the very Bottom.

See if that allows the program to install.

Another reason that message can appear is if you have some sort of Malware/ Spyware infection. OR there are some corruptions in the registry. Could also be the windows installer has been damaged.

Other wise have a read Through these (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=System%20Admin%20has%20set%20policies%20to% 20prevent%20this%20installation&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.GroupID(145dd795-afe5-4ee1-b1bb-832cc6188101)+site:microsoft.com&rn=All+Windows+7+Forums) - a few to look at.