PDA

View Full Version : Help with microsoft doc

happyg01
27-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I opened a doc from my email and started working on it I saved it and closed it but now my doc dissapeared. Is there a way to get it back?

Snorkbox
27-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Try a search for files either for *.doc or Filename.doc. Which version of Windows do you use?

In Win 7 type *.doc in the search box or *.docx if you are using Word 2007 or above.

In one of your earlier posts you say you are on Win 7.

beeswax34
27-09-2010, 11:00 PM
It'll be in your temp folder

Snorkbox
27-09-2010, 11:22 PM
It'll be in your temp folder

Possibly but not always. It may be in a subfolder for example.

John H
28-09-2010, 06:48 AM
I opened a doc from my email and started working on it I saved it and closed it but now my doc dissapeared. Is there a way to get it back?

Go back to the email and re-open the attachment. If you saved your changes on the attachment you should be OK. Save the attachment to somewhere where you can find it again.

SolMiester
28-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Go back to the email and re-open the attachment. If you saved your changes on the attachment you should be OK. Save the attachment to somewhere where you can find it again.

+1...probably in a folder called something like OLE***...., though you should be able to open it from recent files list!

John H
28-09-2010, 09:18 AM

And if you have deleted the email (which would also delete the attachment) go to your Deleted Items folder if you are using Outlook or Outlook Express, and you may still find it there. Unless you have emptied your Deleted Items folder...