PDA

View Full Version : Message for b m

10-09-2001, 08:53 PM
Hi b m, I just wanted to congragulate you on being a wealth of PC knowledge, I often come in to the help forum to learn from others mistakes and my own. I envy your knowledge, nine times out of ten you are always trying to solve others problems, its nice to see someone taking time to help the amount of times you do. Have you studied? or are you self taught? I taught myself everything I know for the last two years and I have just about completed my National Certificate in Computing so that I can further my studies in IT if anyone else out there knows which degree/bachelor I should undertake next to secure my career in Computing and IT please any advice would help as I'm lost at where to start, my interest is information/system technology, web design/development, software/system design, programming, systems analyst and computer technology. But I have no clue what to study to get my dream job. Anyway enough about me although I would appreciate advice. Thanks b m for being a valued member of this forum I know I wouldnt be the only one to appreciate it.

10-09-2001, 11:25 PM
Thank you Michelle.

I actually started posting here as a way of avoiding working on a boring essay, and I am currently avoiding working on an assignment (VisualBasic in Access).

Most of what I know has been self taught, ie by breaking something and trying to fix it before my parents needed the computer :->.

I am currently doing a Computer Science Degree, which is the course I would recommend to you
(this may also help: http://www.idg.co.nz/pcworld/pcwpressf1.nsf/1bd611343b1f6816cc25680e001716c9/986D7A1A9C0AC885CC256ABB003578DE!OpenDocument)

There are other courses available, but I don't really recomend a vendor specific one, eg MCSE. Another possibility is an Information Science Degree, which is more database and application focused.

I hope that helps.
Brett Mason

11-09-2001, 09:27 AM
Thanks Brett, as always your advice is valuable, I had been looking at a Computer Science Degree and your imput confirmed that I was on the right track. Thanks again!!!