PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird

Pato
25-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I am having problems setting up Thunderbird in a new computer using Win7. I have it set up ok in another computer using XP.
I assumed I could just copy these Server settings into the new set up but it won't accept my password. Any help would be appreciated.

Safari
25-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Make sure it is setup as POP3 and not IMAP with port 110 for incoming mail server
Connection security - None
No authentication

Pato
25-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Make sure it is setup as POP3 and not IMAP with port 110 for incoming mail server
No authenticationHave all that done correctly except "Connection Security" which I don't seem to have. I notice on my XP PC that the "Outgoing Server" is shown as "smtp.paradise.net.nz (Default) but on the Win7 PC I some how have my name in front of the smtp and I can't seem to delete it. Thanks for trying to help anyway. Cheers.

pctek
25-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Paradise doesn't exist anymore. Telstra cancelled it. You would have had to change to Clear (after confirming this with them) or move elsewhere.

Pato
25-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Paradise doesn't exist anymore. Telstra cancelled it. You would have had to change to Clear (after confirming this with them) or move elsewhere.Oh!! I have paradise set up on my other computer and it never fails.?

Safari
25-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Paradise doesn't exist anymore. Telstra cancelled it. You would have had to change to Clear (after confirming this with them) or move elsewhere.

Telstra still operate the paradise mail servers for the original customers.

faith1806
25-09-2010, 03:12 PM
No authentication

following the steps, and type ur password carefully.

Pato
25-09-2010, 03:23 PM
following the steps, and type ur password carefully.The password is correct it will just not accept it. I am sorry I never kept with XP where everything worked.

wainuitech
25-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Telstra still operate the paradise mail servers for the original customers. yep, mine are the same, still paradise settings, same with my domain name.

Speedy Gonzales
25-09-2010, 03:30 PM
The prob is with TB. It think it knows your ISP info, it doesnt. Its not the easiest email program to setup

Too much stuffing around

Pato
25-09-2010, 03:48 PM
The prob is with TB. It think it knows your ISP info, it doesnt. Its not the easiest email program to setup

Too much stuffing aroundWhat annoys me is that I set it up on the other computer without any trouble. Guess I will have to install another email programme. This dam win7 doesn't even appear to one. My next problem is trying to share my printer on this win7 PC with my other XP PC. I guess it will keep me out of trouble for a while. LOL.

Speedy Gonzales
25-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Sharing the printer will be easier than setting TB up lol. Just share it make sure discovery is on. Then add the printer in XP, select the network option.

Then copy the printer drivers only to the XP PC / you may have to extract them, then browse to the folder you extracted the drivers to. Select the inf file, windows will do the rest

Pato
25-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Sharing the printer will be easier than setting TB up lol. Just share it make sure discovery is on. Then add the printer in XP, select the network option.

Then copy the printer drivers only to the XP PC / you may have to extract them, then browse to the folder you extracted the drivers to. Select the inf file, windows will do the restDiscovery? I thought win7 made sharing easy?

Speedy Gonzales
25-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Its not that hard to share. Its still got similar options to Vista

Pato
25-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Its not that hard to share. Its still got similar options to VistaI have never seen Vista. I was using XP.

Speedy Gonzales
25-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Well you have to turn file/print sharing on and network discovery. And then install the printer drivers / then share that

Pato
25-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Well you have to turn file/print sharing on and network discovery. And then install the printer drivers / then share thatCould you elaborate please.?

Speedy Gonzales
25-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Too hard to explain in here. Get teamviewer and install it on the PC youre putting the printer on