PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate neighbours?

Greenstone
24-09-2010, 11:39 AM
After five years producing Neighbours at War we’ve dealt with every kind of neighbour dispute: noise, pets, boundaries, rubbish, renovations and numerous other issues. Tell us your story – maybe your experience tops it all, how did you deal with it? If you’d like assistance contact us – we’re currently producing the sixth series: k.inkster@gspictures.co.nz, (09) 623 7731 or text 021 2034325

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Ever thought about making a program about inconsiderate / useless landlords :lol: If you were, I would email you :p

prefect
24-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Why bash landlords they are the most controlled by laws people around.
They couldnt even fart in the bath without getting into trouble.
Suggest you buy your own house Speedy.
I had a crazy lady as a Neigbour about 20 years ago I am not bullshitting you she was crazy as a meat axe.
She used to ring the police so much they would hang up on her.
Basically no time was ok to mow the lawns. Even starting up my Z900 in shed caused a rain of stones on the garage roof.
She took out about 4 windows but payed for them.

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Yer right pigs fly too.

prefect
24-09-2010, 02:22 PM
They only fly at Pink Floyd concerts

pctek
24-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Why bash landlords they are the most controlled by laws people around.

Suggest you buy your own house Speedy.

Haha. Right. The Tenancy Tribunal doesn't always hear, and when they do, they can't always fix it.

And maybe some people can't afford to buy a house, especially in Auckland.

Why don't you go play with Orca.

prefect
24-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Whats Orca?

Billy T
24-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Whats Orca?

It's sort of a 'who', not an 'it' but we are not sure of the genus or where it sits in the evolutionary scale. Coud be humanoid but there are no confirmed sightings as yet. Only confirmed data is that it infects unwary computer forums.

Probably harmless unless it breeds.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

SoniKalien
24-09-2010, 04:50 PM
lmfao :thumbs:

prefect
24-09-2010, 05:15 PM
It's sort of a 'who', not an 'it' but we are not sure of the genus or where it sits in the evolutionary scale. Coud be humanoid but there are no confirmed sightings as yet. Only confirmed data is that it infects unwary computer forums.

Probably harmless unless it breeds.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D
Is it an insult worthy of notifying moderators to get pctech a warning? or can she just insult people and get away with it while others get banned.

The Error Guy
24-09-2010, 05:23 PM
We gassed our neighbors. Problem solved.

pctek
24-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Is it an insult worthy of notifying moderators to get pctech a warning?

Warn or ban, I think it's worth telling you hjow rude you were to Speedy.

prefect
24-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I dont believe the moderators will warn or ban you, you seem to be a teachers pet and can insult people at will. Others get banned its so totally unfair.

Erayd
24-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Sheesh, settle down guys. If we can't all be friends let's at least be civil :).

:pf1mobmini:

TideMan
24-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Our neighbour is a hermit.

We have lived here for 3 years and we've only seen him 3 times - one of those was the day after the earthquake when we thought we should check that he was OK.
The grass in his section is up to the window sills and the trees are growing over his house.

One day a Policeman came along the drive and asked Paul, another neighbour, where the hermit was. Paul told him and the cop disappeared into the hermit's section. Half an hour later, Paul realised the cop had not come out, so he went over to check and the hermit had the cop bailed up in a corner with a knife. The cop was waving his truncheon and telling the hermit to step back. Paul shouted at the hermit and told him to stop being a silly bugger and drop the knife. He did, and Paul got a commendation for bravery from the cops.

One night we were woken by screaming next door, then the sound of the hermit's truck roaring up the drive. We looked out and every light in his house was on and the TV and radio were blaring. Next day, he hadn't returned so we and the other neighbours nervously went over to investigate. All the doors were open and the heater was going full blast. I reckon the inside of the house was worse than the Delhi Games village. There was mess everywhere. We turned off the heater and closed the doors, snibbing the lock on the inside as we left.

3 months later he returned (we reckon he'd spent time at the asylum - the screaming we'd heard was him hallucinating). A couple of nights later he turned up at another neighbour's door in tears. He said he'd been living in his truck for two nights because the bastards had locked him out of his house. Sure, we'd locked the back door, but the front door was unlocked - he didn't have the gumption to try that.

That's our neighbour. We think he's harmless, but we keep our doors locked at night.

ubergeek85
25-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Bet you live in Linwood, or Phillipstown.

I've been in both, they seriously suck. Had a P-lab next door in Linwood for a while (that was fun!).

Also had an alcoholic next door at the same place. He wasn't bad, just a bit of a PITA sometimes with music. Although he would occasionally have a go at my mum, and another female neighbour. They would never tell me about it though, at least not until a week after, they knew I woulda tried to smash him, and failed horribly.

One night he parked his car outside his flat (he was 3rd, I was 4th flat, with a common driveway), left the car door open, thought nothing of it, maybe he's just unloading groceries or something. Noticed about 4 hours later it's still open, still parked there. So I go over and knock on his door to let him know. Got no response. Odd... I must of stood there for a good five minutes yelling, beating on his door, trying to get his attention. My bet? He was passed out. Ended up making sure his car was left unlocked, and just shut the door so the battery wouldn't go any flatter.

Next day it was parked around back, as per usual.

But I tell ya, I wanted to kill that bastard sometimes!

Greenstone
27-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Tideman - please get in touch 09 623 7731!