PDA

View Full Version : USB

Rydia
21-09-2010, 11:44 AM
keybords light flash at 1ist time and mouse. after X P starts n mouse turns off the keybord flash at 2ind time. the bios resets :waughh:

thanks in advance!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SoniKalien
21-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Could you be a little more descriptive please? :) eg what operating system, have you done anything recently? Have you flashed the bios?

wainuitech
21-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Check the USB Connections, make sure they are not shorting on the case where they plug into the Board. Remove and plug back in.

You can also try other USB ports on the back of the board, see if it still happens.

Because the KB and mouse flash, that means they are getting power for a moment. The reset could be caused by a short.

after X P starts n mouse turns off When you say XP starts, does the Computer reboot on its own again, or just no mouse ?

Rydia
21-09-2010, 09:47 PM
thx for the replies! :rolleyes:

WAINUITECH: after X P start the plug mouse in works fine. KB is work.

SONIKALEN: i am use X P and bios is reset.

cn any one help??? :dogeye:

wainuitech
21-09-2010, 10:01 PM
To see if its a Mouse Problem - do you have a PS2 adapter that the mouse can use and try with the PS2 port, or does the board have a PS2 port, Green normally (round).

Please confirm -- when the PC starts - you lose the mouse, but if you unplug it, then plug it back in it works OK, and the PC Doesn't shut down/reboot at any stage ?

Rydia
22-09-2010, 10:54 PM
um no adapter it work in laptop with no prblems yes it turn off wen KB flash at 2ind time. it not restart..

do u no how 2 fix? :o

thanks in advance! :thumbs: :rolleyes: :dogeye:

wainuitech
22-09-2010, 11:33 PM
it is possible the USB drivers have a fault.

Is there any other USB devices plugged in, Eg: Printers, hubs ? If so unplug them.

have a look at this please -- Right click on My Computer on your desktop / Left click Properties/ Hardware Tab/ Device manager.

Under the USB dvices, are they expanded out, and are there any ! or ? showing, or unknown devices.

To reinstall the USB drivers - what you do is expand out the USB controller, right click a controller / Uninstall, do this for them all. This picture (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/USB1285151538.jpg) gives a rough idea as to what I mean - its running on XP mode within Windows 7 so under the USB controllers it will look slightly different and more of them.

Excuse the desktop Picture :D My strange sense of humor.

What "SHOULD" happen is when you reboot the PC the USB drivers "SHOULD reinstall. Sometimes they can fail to reinstall if there is a hardware problem, so your choice if you want to try that.

Edited: Has the PC been moved about or knocked, then this trouble started ?

Rydia
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
it nt work any more. i have remove oth usb device. mouse work at the driver uninstall but it nt move and now dead at reinstall!!! i am a holiday 4 one and half wks. have replug.

thanks in advance ;):o:wub:):D

Rydia
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
arrr anybdy?? ;)

Agent_24
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't even understand what the problem is, can you write a better description detailing the problem and what steps you have tried to fix it, and anything that you did prior to the problem happening.

feersumendjinn
09-10-2010, 01:05 PM
11) Posting Etiquette:

Diagnosing computer problems is often a progressive Q & A exercise, and a process of elimination. Unfortunately we cannot see what you have on your screen, but we have probably seen it before and will recognise it if you can describe it accurately enough. Please do not use txting language, "133t or 1337 speak" or other abbreviated/coded language. Some of our more experienced advisers are not young enough to be able to read it, or to be bothered learning how.
From here
http://pressf1.co.nz/faq.php?faq=faq_pressf1_root#faq_new_faq_item_101

If English is not your first language, please find somebody who is more fluent. :)

Rydia
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
problem is getn iratitn..... i really hope it fixed

AGENT 24: mouse is only work on replug on after X P. so far remove the devices nd reinstall drvrs..

FEERSUMENDJINN: y u cnt rd english?? i try english guy bt he dnt no anythng bt computrs. :annoyed: srry!

thanks in advance! :cool:

SoniKalien
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
You're more likely to get better help here if you type proper English eg

Why can't you read English? I tried an English guy but he don't know anything about computers.

Notice the difference? :p

feersumendjinn
12-10-2010, 12:36 AM
FEERSUMENDJINN: y u cnt rd english?? i try english guy bt he dnt no anythng bt computrs. srry!
Oh, I can read ENGLISH perfectly well, thank you.
We cannot understand you because you continue to use txt-speak combined with incorrect grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Please attempt to write your question with complete words for a start, it may help.

feersumendjinn
12-10-2010, 12:43 AM

Snorkbox
12-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I for one would like to help but as yet I do not even know what the problem is so far.

The best advice so far was probably given in post #11 even though I believe others definitely did their best.

Is it possible that there is a person near you that could convert txt to english and explain what you are trying to fix?

Have you read and fully understand post No 7 and can you reply?

Renmoo
12-10-2010, 05:45 AM

AGENT 24: mouse is only work on replug on after X P. so far remove the devices nd reinstall drvrs..

FEERSUMENDJINN: y u cnt rd english?? i try english guy bt he dnt no anythng bt computrs. :annoyed: srry!

thanks in advance! :cool:
Jst tht its hrd 4 us t try t cmprhnd wt u r tryng t s t i d k w t f am t tlkng r n ro j p3jp j;l3joih lj3;oj oj.

I hope that helped with the USB problem :)

P.S. I was typing it in your language (you know, minimal vowels). If it's hard for you to read, it's hard for the rest of the community too.

Agent_24
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
As far as I can tell, this person can only get his mouse and\or keyboard to work if he plugs them in after booting Windows

Also, there is something about the BIOS being reset. (perhaps flat battery?)

Aside from that very vague understanding, I have no idea what he's on about.

SoniKalien
12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
That makes 5 of us...

Chilling_Silence
12-10-2010, 12:46 PM
+1, what SoniKalien / Agent_24 / Snorkbox / Renmoo / feersumendjinn said ... ;)

inphinity
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
mouse is only work on replug on after X P. so far remove the devices nd reinstall drvrs..

s lt m gt ths strt f u plg n th ms kb ftr the os strt it wrk bt f u plg t n b4 th pc trn n t dsnt wrk? wn dd thz strt, wt chgd b4 t?

Agent_24
12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Am I correct in thinking that translates to something like this?

So, let me get this straight: if you plug in the mouse\keyboard after the OS starts it works but if you plug it in before the PC turns on it doesn't work?

When did this start, what changed before it?

Rydia
25-10-2010, 07:56 AM
are u force to read ths?? :blush:

i dont no battrey has life bt bios reset 1 time only.

is ther sensabl person gon reply plz! :help::dogeye::rolleyes:

gary67
25-10-2010, 08:49 AM
It's damn hard to understand your posts but have you changed the battery on the motherboard?. Might pay you to start using proper English instead of whatever you are currently using

LynX
25-10-2010, 12:15 PM
BIOS reset? That sounds exciting. Like, you've accidentally connected the front-panel USB to the BIOS pins? Hang on... Who plugs their mouse and key on the front? I prefer my flash drive and WLAN card on the front.

Are you sure it's not the COMPUTER resetting? But if you are certain it's the Basic Input/Output System being shorted over and over again, chuck the motherboard away.

feersumendjinn
25-10-2010, 12:36 PM
FEERSUMENDJINN: y u cnt rd english??

are u force to read ths?? :blush:

i dont no battrey has life bt bios reset 1 time only.

I really think this is a lost cause.
Now this person seems to be abusing us for our lack of understanding! :mad:
Can this thread be closed/locked?

Agent_24
25-10-2010, 01:06 PM

We are all sensible people, but when you don't write in real english words most people won't bother trying to understand what you are saying.

Did your mouse and keyboard work OK before? if so, what was the last thing you did before they stopped working?

Safari
25-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I really think this is a lost cause.
Now this person seems to be abusing us for our lack of understanding! :mad:
Can this thread be closed/locked?

Harden up a bit, that is not abuse. Don't be so sensitive.

LynX
25-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Trying to make some sense out of it:
1) Turn on the PC
2) Keyboard lights flash for first time (POST)
3) XP boot screen loads, keyboard flashes 2nd time
4) BIOS Resets! Not possible. (in fact I suspect it's the COMPUTER that resets).

-------------STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL---------------------------
tel u w@, d prb's prolly fr worse thN an USB prob. i had it 1s, n twas d NTLDR dat wz coruptd (due 2 incrt uz of a *t ^ app). w@ I'd sugest S 2 try fxg yr boot records. Hint: it's cllD fixboot

faith1806
25-10-2010, 02:40 PM
maybe your USB has some problems, and use some tools to have a test.

Rydia
26-10-2010, 07:30 PM
ok snds good :rolleyes::rolleyes: i google usb tool do u no any?? :clap

thx :D

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 07:35 PM
This could prove interesting. :)

SoniKalien
26-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Yea, I'm out of this one...

GameJunkie
26-10-2010, 09:09 PM
ok snds good :rolleyes::rolleyes: i google usb tool do u no any?? :clap

thx :D

can you type in proper sentences, not this text speak that nobody can understand?

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Faith1806, apparently, may be able to recommend a USB tool for Rydia maybe?

LynX
26-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Any chance it's the software that's having some insanity? I used to have Windows XP that can't play WMP at fullscreen (told me it's wrong res; crazy stuff), and another time DualView with DVI/S-Video won't work (TV gets grey bars all over the place), all on top of a system that boots slower than Vista! I decided "what the hell" and got a Win7 instead. Oh, yeah, and it solved everything.

... Sorry, off topic. Anyway, Rydia, any chance you've set "USB Keyboard support" in BIOS to Disabled? Not sure whether there's any link but that's the only time USB Keyboards go offline, if USB Keyboard Support is disabled.

Renmoo
26-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Okay, I am out of here.

</renmoo>

Rydia
29-10-2010, 06:11 PM
srry srry srry :blush: fogot 2 say use "USB Legacy Spport" frm bios...

no "USB Keybrd Spport" n 2 scarrd to flash it.. i did usb tool bt computer breaks :crying fix wth "last knon good"

can reinstall X P nw??

thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Erayd
29-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Seriously Rydia, what is so hard to understand about "use proper English" - if you can't even be bothered to communicate properly, why should we bother spending valuable time helping you?

Even if your knowledge of English isn't great, it's very obvious whether or not you are even making an effort. You don't have to be perfect, but you should at least try.

Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language

We've found by experience that people who are careless and sloppy writers are usually also careless and sloppy at thinking and coding (often enough to bet on, anyway). Answering questions for careless and sloppy thinkers is not rewarding; we'd rather spend our time elsewhere.

So expressing your question clearly and well is important. If you can't be bothered to do that, we can't be bothered to pay attention. Spend the extra effort to polish your language. It doesn't have to be stiff or formal — in fact, hacker culture values informal, slangy and humorous language used with precision. But it has to be precise; there has to be some indication that you're thinking and paying attention.

Spell, punctuate, and capitalize correctly. Don't confuse “its” with “it's”, “loose” with “lose”, or “discrete” with “discreet”. Don't TYPE IN ALL CAPS; this is read as shouting and considered rude. (All-smalls is only slightly less annoying, as it's difficult to read. Alan Cox can get away with it, but you can't.)

More generally, if you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored. So don't use instant-messaging shortcuts. Spelling "you" as "u" makes you look like a semi-literate boob to save two entire keystrokes. Worse: writing like a l33t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute kiss of death and guarantees you will receive nothing but stony silence (or, at best, a heaping helping of scorn and sarcasm) in return.

If you are asking questions in a forum that does not use your native language, you will get a limited amount of slack for spelling and grammar errors — but no extra slack at all for laziness (and yes, we can usually spot that difference). Also, unless you know what your respondent's languages are, write in English. Busy hackers tend to simply flush questions in languages they don't understand, and English is the working language of the Internet. By writing in English you minimize your chances that your question will be discarded unread.

LynX
29-10-2010, 06:23 PM
What's the specs of your computer?

Rydia
03-11-2010, 08:26 AM
fine!! :annoyed: give up wit this forum.. i find a sum1 who is cares :annoyed:

chiefnz
03-11-2010, 09:21 AM
LOL that's priceless!!!

We would like to help you mate but you have ignored many requests by the the forum community to describe your issue more accurately and in plain English.

How can we help if you cannot explain the issue in a language we understand?

More importantly, how are you going to take our advice when we help you if you cannot understand us very well.

Hope you fix the issue but next time respect our rules and we will do all we can to help you.

Oh and in case you missed it...below are the number of times (10 times) we asked you to explain your problem in proper English... notice how you never responded... Maybe we're not the ones who don't "care"

Could you be a little more descriptive please? :) eg what operating system, have you done anything recently? Have you flashed the bios?

I don't even understand what the problem is, can you write a better description detailing the problem and what steps you have tried to fix it, and anything that you did prior to the problem happening.

From here
http://pressf1.co.nz/faq.php?faq=faq_pressf1_root#faq_new_faq_item_101

If English is not your first language, please find somebody who is more fluent. :)

You're more likely to get better help here if you type proper English eg

Why can't you read English? I tried an English guy but he don't know anything about computers.

Notice the difference? :p

Oh, I can read ENGLISH perfectly well, thank you.
We cannot understand you because you continue to use txt-speak combined with incorrect grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Please attempt to write your question with complete words for a start, it may help.

I for one would like to help but as yet I do not even know what the problem is so far.

The best advice so far was probably given in post #11 even though I believe others definitely did their best.

Is it possible that there is a person near you that could convert txt to english and explain what you are trying to fix?

Have you read and fully understand post No 7 and can you reply?

It's damn hard to understand your posts but have you changed the battery on the motherboard?. Might pay you to start using proper English instead of whatever you are currently using

We are all sensible people, but when you don't write in real english words most people won't bother trying to understand what you are saying.

Did your mouse and keyboard work OK before? if so, what was the last thing you did before they stopped working?

can you type in proper sentences, not this text speak that nobody can understand?

Seriously Rydia, what is so hard to understand about "use proper English" - if you can't even be bothered to communicate properly, why should we bother spending valuable time helping you?

Even if your knowledge of English isn't great, it's very obvious whether or not you are even making an effort. You don't have to be perfect, but you should at least try.

Chilling_Silence
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Priceless chiefnz! :D

Anyway I think we've been too light on the heaping scorn / sarcasm, perhaps that's why the response from the OP has been the way it has? There's a lesson here to be learned for all of us ;)

SoniKalien
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Yea, OP has been let off lightly lol. Aint we a nice bunch :p

The Error Guy
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
ths failz so bd.

when people are on a computer (cmptr?) why for the sake of general sanity can't they write properly. this was a blasted hard read. couldn't make head nor tail of it.

Got as far as keyboard reset... the rest was a total mind <expletives>#$%$^&*&&$$*&%$&*</expletives>

feersumendjinn
04-11-2010, 12:34 AM
I do feel sorry for this person, obviously so poorly educated that he/she cannot communicate in anything other than gobbledegook, must be a severe disadvantage to have to go through life like that.
Isn't it strange that one can use text-speak and pass exams in this country, hmmm?

Agent_24
04-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Isn't it strange that one can use text-speak and pass exams in this country, hmmm?

I thought that idea only lasted for about a month or something?
I'm pretty sure you can't do it now anyway.

feersumendjinn
04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
You might be right, I couldn't find any mention of it on the NCEA site with a quick search, but you must admit that it was a dumb idea in the first place, and made us look bad. :groan: