PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy there!

Richard
19-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Ahoy there me mateys, have ye all forgotten that today is 'Talk like a pirate day'. Well tighten me sheets and button me clews even that grand old pirate Cicero has forgotten . May his spirit sink so low as to frighten Davy Jones in his locker. AArrgh, the milksop wouldn't have a decent rum to quench a good sailor's thirst. Get abaft the beam Cicero you old lag, or I'll have you keelhauled before ye walks the plank. AArrrrgh!

Cicero
19-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Ahoy there me mateys, have ye all forgotten that today is 'Talk like a pirate day'. Well tighten me sheets and button me clews even that grand old pirate Cicero has forgotten . May his spirit sink so low as to frighten Davy Jones in his locker. AArrgh, the milksop wouldn't have a decent rum to quench a good sailor's thirst. Get abaft the beam Cicero you old lag, or I'll have you keelhauled before ye walks the plank. AArrrrgh!

Ahoy me hearties.....

Haul on th' bowlin' Richard
Th' ship she is a ro-o-lin'.
Haul on th' bowlin',Richard
Th' bowlin', haul!
And ye be goin over.

The Error Guy
19-09-2010, 04:47 PM
arr, i be scrawling on ye plank, 'ow about a game of flugge salte foote?

Ah'll be tacking of teh the west fer the good pickings fer now but ah'll se yer around

Richard
19-09-2010, 05:24 PM
So it be a shanty ye be wantin' young Cap'n Cicero. Then hang this'n from yer yards and run yer brail'n lines about 't.

There was a young sailor who looked through the glass
Spied a fair mermaid with scales on her....
Island, where seagulls flew over their nests
Combing her hair which hung over her....
Shoulders, and caused her to tickle and itch
The sailor cried out "There's a beautiful....
Mermaid out there on the rocks"
The crew came a'running all grabbing their....
Glasses, and crowded four deep to the rail
All eager to share in this fine piece of etc etc etc.

There be heaps more 'o this old rubbish, but a good pirate like me woodna sully your clean young mind with such drivel. Away with ye now, sling ye hook ye whippersnapper.

Terry Porritt
19-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Well I never, didn't know about that, but maybe it should be talk like Robert Newton day. He was a favourite actor of mine and even when in the cups which apparently was much of the time he was a consumate actor.

http://www.mooncove.com/newton/lines.htm

http://www.mooncove.com/newton/audio/Long_John___Pistol__N_.mp3

Richard
19-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Aye Terry a consomme hactor 'e was indeed. And a real master of the hinglish langwidge. May 'is bones rest well in fifty fath'm.

goodiesguy
19-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Cicero
19-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Aye Richard,ye be wantin Terry me lad to be joinin us on the quarter deck,well ye will be waitin a long time for some humour from that quarter of the deck.

He be busy listenen to Victor Sylvester he be.