PDA

View Full Version : Some Christchurch bosses are *******s.

Jeff
19-09-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=182607

Chch workers aim to shame
19/09/2010 11:24:00

Disgruntled Christchurch staff will picket 'unscrupulous' employers who they claim have taken advantage of them since the earthquake

Christchurch workers who believe they've had a raw deal since the earthquake, are trying to shame their employers into changing their ways.

They're mounting lightning pickets outside businesses in the city centre today.

Unite union spokesman, Matt Jones, claims some of the staff at large businesses have been working under duress, refused leave and denied payment during site closures. He says one firm is offering annual leave instead of pay, which he thinks is a copout and a let down for staff.

Mr Jones says while most businesses have been fantastic, some deserve to be shamed.

One of my bosses thought it would be funny to wind up our works control girl when she took the day off to recover and clean up her flat after one of the biggest aftershocks. When myself and my fellow workmates heard about it the next day, she was very upset, he was lucky to have his head still attached to his body.
Also he marks off areas you can't go into because of earthquake damage but it seems he is immune to the danger as he goes through areas ignoring his own signs.
It is the good old case of "do as I say, not as I do".

Jeff:mad:

pctek
19-09-2010, 02:59 PM
claims some of the staff at large businesses have been working under duress, refused leave and denied payment during site closures. He says one firm is offering annual leave instead of pay,

One of my bosses marks off areas you can't go into because of earthquake damage but it seems he is immune to the danger as he goes through areas ignoring his own signs.

He can because if something happens to himself, it's one thing but if it happens to staff he is in deep ****.

As for pay etc - like they can afford to keep paying staff while things get sorted???