PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer v9 beta

effie c
18-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I have just installed the above- and at the moment like it
BUT

I cannot get any sound dfrom the new set up-

In v8 this happened occaisionally but a re start worked ( in paticular- Live 365 > organ )
There has to be a button to turn on sound

Firefox handles this perfectly---or should I go back to I/E v8/

effie c

GameJunkie
18-09-2010, 08:16 PM
its only a beta, so there's bound to be issues with it

Bobh
19-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I downloaded it last night and it is working fine for me.

I tend to use the Google Search Engine to browse and use the favourites only for sites I regularly visit eg Yahoo Mail, Press F1, etc. At first I could not find anywhere to search from until I downloaded the Google Tool Bar. In other browsers I used to have to copy and paste text to use for a search. Now all I have to do is to highlight the text and it appears in the Google Tool Bar.

Most features are the same as Internet Explorer 8. The first thing I noticed was that the tabs are at the very top.

effie c
19-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi bobh,

But have you tried to get sound

I agree the rest works O K- hence my initial compliments-but sound?? :angryeffie c

Bobh
19-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Sound works ok when playing videos. I checked out the following on the menu;

Internet Options>Advanced>Multimedia and checked that 'Play Sounds on Web Pages' was checked. It was already checked in my case.

I have also found that you can browse from the Address Bar.

It is still snowing in Invercargill so I am stuck inside.

Bobh
19-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I have had a bit of an explore. I could find google listings of Live 365 but had trouble loading the site.

I did listen into another USA internet radio station. The sound worked ok in IE 9 Beta.

I have not really had much experience with online radio.

effie c
19-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Bobh,

Liked your suggestion"play sounds on web pages"- went there and it was already ticked
This live 365 sound;video as required working well, but still will not play sound.
Went back to FF and it plays as required---any other suggestions?

Can you find a sound on button or similar on v9?

effie c

linw
19-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Won't work here, either. Bit of page incompatibility I guess.

effie c
19-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi linw,

Well well - so it is not only me:stare:

I tried to re install but keep getting "you have a later version installed so this download, install not completed"--I do not remember getting a later version as it is a Beta program- so I am chasing my tail,even if a fresh download could be obtained

What if I could ( I have tried ) delete I/ e from my computer and then start over.There does not appear to be any way of doing this- unless some one tells me what I do wrong :yuck:

It should be possible surelybut my old brain can't find how

I have Windows 7 Professional 2 gb ram etc but it does not show how I can delete I /E

effie c

Speedy Gonzales
19-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Uninstall it dont delete its folder. Or you'll have more probs

feersumendjinn
19-09-2010, 11:23 PM
How to uninstall (it is a windows update, not a program, so does not show by default in Programs & Features list)
http://www.ghacks.net/2010/09/16/how-to-uninstall-windows-internet-explorer-9/

effie c
20-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi fearsumendjinn,
Now that is cooking with gas ;-)

It looks feasible
BUT again
When I tried to redownload I/E 8-- a notice came up "sorry this version is incompatible with W 7"

So this suggests I am stuck with v9--which as said earlier is not a bad thing--"all I want fo christmas is my two front teeth"-or in this case sound from live 365 etc

Thanks all, here is hoping a patch comes through, and I must use Firefox meanwhile

effie c

GameJunkie
20-09-2010, 12:20 PM
IE8 is apart of windows 7

Snorkbox
20-09-2010, 12:23 PM
When you uninstalled IE9 Beta it should have rolled back to IE8 so there should be no need to download it.

effie c
20-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi snorkbox,

Bingo-- rolled back to I/E 8 as you said after deleting v9 update
Now have sound in I/E as before

I will await v9 radio patch then go to it

I do like 9 but this was an unfortunate experiment at this stage

Thanks one and all

effie c