PDA

View Full Version : MS Windows XP Home Premium My Recent Documents

Knownothing
18-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I have just installed MS XP Home Premium and when I click the Start button it shows everything but My Recent Documents.
Is this usual?

I have started MS Word 2007 and the new, blank document has changed.
The text lines are further apart. I haven't altered the template.

TIA

wainuitech
18-09-2010, 02:06 PM
MS XP Home Premium Errr --- theres no such thing, its either XP Home or XP professional.?

If you have only just installed XP then there wont be any recent documents, that only show the recently opened items.

Scouse
18-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi knownothing.
The blank documents template in Word 2003 and 2007 differ, including font and the change from single line spacing to 1.5 line spacing.
If you prefer the single line as used in 2003, click on the Home Button, top left. This will open the section of the Ribbon containing the Styles Group and show the Change Styles options.
Click on Change Styles to see options. Hover the Insertion Point over the Style Set option to reveal the list of options. To revert back to the single line spacing as loved by 2003 users click on the Word 2003 option.
This will change the current document and close the options box.

To make this change apply to all future new documents immediately follow the above process and click on Set as Default. The various lovely style options offered in 2007 or 2010 are not modified by the action, just the line spacing.

feersumendjinn
18-09-2010, 03:03 PM
If it's not showing the Recent Documents item in the start menu, right-click the Start button, then go Properties, Start menu tab, Customise button, Advanced tab, and tick the box at the bottom.

Knownothing
18-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi All

Thanks for your knowledge.

feersumendjinn - that worked.

Scouse - I have fixed that 1.5 line spacing.

Wainuitech - Sorry about the wrong edition, I feel foolish. I had some documents from the previous Windows install so that's why I thought that there should have been some Recent Documents as I had accessed them.

Once again
Thanks for the help