PDA

View Full Version : settin password on Belkin Router

Cicero
18-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Anybody in the mood to help me set a password,I am sure someone is pinching whatever it is they pinch and it is costing me.

mikebartnz
18-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Haven't got a Belkin but you will need to log into it using your browser with http://192.168.1.1/ or similar and then it should be fairly straight forward.

Cicero
18-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Haven't got a Belkin but you will need to log into it using your browser with http://192.168.1.1/ or similar and then it should be fairly straight forward.

Thanks Mike,it's the or similar that is the problem,how do I find the right #,your one didn't open owt.

mikebartnz
18-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Try going to your network settings and seeing what the default Gateway is and try that.

gary67
18-09-2010, 11:17 AM
start-cmd then type ipconfig /all into the command line and then as mike said the default gateway address should get you into the router settings.

According to this (http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30) site they ship without one and this site explains how to set one up

bluenose
18-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Open your Browser window and type in 192.168.2.1. This will get you to the setup pages. The router is shipped without a password so just press ENTER. If you want to setup a password you can do.

That's the easy bit. I've been trying to get mine to work for the last couple of weeks.

Good Luck!

Cicero
18-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Open your Browser window and type in 192.168.2.1. This will get you to the setup pages. The router is shipped without a password so just press ENTER. If you want to setup a password you can do.

That's the easy bit. I've been trying to get mine to work for the last couple of weeks.

Good Luck!

Thanks lads,it appears to be working now.

So what happens when friend tries to connect her lappy whilst staying here?

gary67
18-09-2010, 05:48 PM
If wired it will just work, if wireless you will need to give said friend the password for the wireless network. Not having a wireless passworded will enable drive by stealing of your internet

Cicero
18-09-2010, 06:03 PM
If wired it will just work, if wireless you will need to give said friend the password for the wireless network. Not having a wireless passworded will enable drive by stealing of your internet

Thanks Ga,that was reason for getting a password,seemed to be using more than I thought reasonable.

Some swine must be using my band with,didn't think this would happen here in the country.

I could understand if it was Woodend.

gary67
18-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Can happen anyware I guess especially with wifi connected phones such as the iPhone

Cicero
20-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Now when I use laptop I can't see where to put password in.So of coarse no access to web!

All auto help doesn't mention how to either?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

SoniKalien
20-09-2010, 11:04 AM
What O/S on the laptop? Have you done the wireless setup wizard thing?

Safari
20-09-2010, 11:10 AM
When you setup the Belkin with the wireless password what wireless security security did you setup.

Right click on the wireless icon in the bottom right corner by your time and View available wireless networks.
Select your Belkin network and connect, it should bring up the box to type your password.

Cicero
22-09-2010, 10:33 AM
When you setup the Belkin with the wireless password what wireless security security did you setup.

Right click on the wireless icon in the bottom right corner by your time and View available wireless networks.
Select your Belkin network and connect, it should bring up the box to type your password.

Thanks Saf.

I tried your answer,but apart from asking for password,it also asked for info I didn't understand,go all cocked up as usual,so have now reset everthing,with the result the router is not transmitting via wireless.

Have asked Belkin what the story is and await in anticipation.