PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky Internet Security

kountryken
17-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Any one using this program and happy with it? Any problems?

Speedy Gonzales
17-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Never used it, the only thing I've read about it, is it can crash systems (its driver/s). Its as bad as Nortons and Mcafee

nofam
17-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I used to use it regularly, but as Speedy says, later versions are problematic. I believe KIS is quite RAM-hungry too (I don't think KAV is however).

If you feel you need a paid-for security sweet, get Eset's Smart Security - it's proven, and Wainuitech & others can advise you how to best tweak it if need be.

You can get a 30 day trial here (http://www.eset.com/download/index.php).

Pato
17-09-2010, 01:39 PM
A local tech who is building a pc for me asked what virus program I was running,
and when I told him I always use NOD32 he reckoned they don't recommend that any more.
He said it has caused problems and they now recommend Kaspersky. You can't win can you. LOL. I am still going to keep with NOD32!!

wainuitech
17-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Just yesterday I finished reinstalling a customers PC XP, they had brought Kaspersky Antivirus , but could install it as it stuffed their PC to the point of not starting past the welcome screen -- BUT wanted that on if I could -- What a heap of CRAP.

After installing it, the boot up took an extra 4.30 minutes (I timed it), it was RAM hungry, Outlook express took over 2 minutes to open, and some other programs wouldn't work.

In the end I removed it and told them I wouldn't install such crap that had that much effect on a PC.

They put in Nod32 as a trial, and there was no noticeable performance hit at all. All applications open almost instantly.

pctek
17-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I found it's comparable to NOD as far as detecting viruses. But. It runs like a pig. So no, NOD32 still.

gary67
17-09-2010, 06:58 PM
They are pushing it heavily on the radio lots of advertising guess it hasn't been selling to well lately for that to happen

BigBadBob
17-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I think Kaspersky must be having a big advertising spend up at the moment. Really can't see why one needs to spend hard earned cash on an inferior product when you can install efficient programs like MSSE, Malwarebytes etc for free. Lots of people just believe salespeople who say "free products are never as good as 'full' versions"

pctek
17-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I think Kaspersky must be having a big advertising spend up at the moment.

Should just fix the bloat and relaunch it.

kountryken
20-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Ok thanks all. I have installed the Kaspersky Internet Security 11 and seams to run smoothly, scanning and everything.. Very happy

20-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Dont install ANY "Internet security" program
Install the standard AV version instead (of whatever brand )

There is no perfect AV program, they are all pretty much far from perfect.
Just Install Malwarebytes as well as your AV, & do a Malwarebytes scan once a week.