PDA

View Full Version : Delphi 5 Standard - Too good to be true?

09-09-2001, 09:50 PM
Has anyone tried to patch/update the Standard version of Delphi 5 that came with the NZ PC World's June 2001 CD? A patch/update is available on the Borland's website but appears to require a serial number and key to unlock the patch. It is wonderful of PC World to include this software but it is no good if you can't patch it. Pity though.

09-09-2001, 10:37 PM
I think you will need to register with them (huge form), then they will give you a serial etc.
Thats what I had to do to get JBuilder from them.

10-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Shhhh!! Don't tell everyone but you can get a download of Delphi 6 personal edition from the Borland site. You have to register and answer a questionaire first. make sure you have a download manager as it's a very long download, over 100Mb.
Enjoy!

10-09-2001, 12:41 AM
http://www.borland.com/delphi/

10-09-2001, 10:05 AM
Tried that but it didn't work. The registration process requires a serial number to be entered. Looks like the registration process is different. Also tried the download link for Delphi 6 Personal Edition. As part of the process, a serial number and registration key was emailed to me. It is a hugh 140MB download though (which is roughly 8+ hours on my 56K modem). Thanks for the tips though. Any further ideas - keep them coming.

11-09-2001, 10:43 PM
Hi

When I registered my copy of Delphi 5 I was puzzled too about the registration number request on the form. Then I think I just typed 'None' in the box and it was accepted no problem :-) Try that!

Rod.

14-09-2001, 07:08 PM
Wahoo! It worked. And guess what? The patch also installed without requiring any further registration details. Thanks.