PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Driver Updaters

quark
15-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi,
I have recently installed XP Home on my laptop but XP doesnt come with all the drivers nessacary to get all the hardware working properly. So I wasn wondering could anyone suggest any free driver updaters so that I can get drivers real easy?

Thanks

lakewoodlady
15-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Yes, Driver Max is great. Get the free version, you can update two drivers per day. www.drivermax.com

LL

Snorkbox
15-09-2010, 07:52 PM
First install the Motherboard drivers from the CD that should have come with the Laptop. I take it the installation was not done from a recovery partition.

Speedy Gonzales
15-09-2010, 07:53 PM
XP has never come with most drivers, unless you slipstream them into an XP cd

quark
15-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah it sucks especially for new hardware.

lakewoodlady
15-09-2010, 08:32 PM
What service packs are on the XP version you have installed?

LL

SoniKalien
15-09-2010, 11:05 PM
imoho the best way is to go visit the manufacturers websites and download from there that way you know you are getting the right and latest ones. It's worth the extra effort.

Snorkbox
15-09-2010, 11:13 PM
imoho the best way is to go visit the manufacturers websites and download from there that way you know you are getting the right and latest ones. It's worth the extra effort.

Agreed but you have to at least have a network driver or modem driver on the PC in order to download anything and we can't assume that just because the OP posted here he/she has Internet access on the PC that needs the drivers. Or possibly a USB broadband modem maybe.

SoniKalien
15-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Then what use is a driver update program going to be? :p

pctek
16-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi,
I have recently installed XP Home on my laptop but XP doesnt come with all the drivers nessacary to get all the hardware working properly.
What you are supposed to do is get the drivers from the manufacturers website. They are all free.
Get motherboard chipset, LAN, modem if it has one, sound, graphics.