PDA

View Full Version : Don't Know How I Feel About This:

SurferJoe46
14-09-2010, 05:52 AM
Stem cell applications have always meant killing an unborn child to harvest stem cells - at least that's what all the stem cell furor is about here in the US. :mad:

"Partial-birth" abortions to harvest stem cells - where all but the head of the child is passed into the atmosphere and then having the brain removed by evacuation so that 'technically' the child never came to 'life' is just wrong to me on every level.

The baby is then kept alive, artificially, to allow them some time to collect organs, tissue and stem cells. :stare:

I've heard of harvesting umbilical cord sells and that's still somewhat reprehensible to me - maybe not everyone - but I find it a form of cannibalism.

Anyway - here's a new twist that I might not regurgitate over: http://www.smartplanet.com/business/blog/intelligent-energy/wisdom-teeth-stashing-your-own-stem-cells/2703/

.... at least if your cells are not sold to other persons and are only via cryogenics, kept for yourself. Still I don't understand harvesting these cells against the possibility of a fatal disease or tragic situation.

But that's just me and may not reflect your conditional usages of same.

In any case - it's interesting reading anyway.

Gobe1
14-09-2010, 09:10 AM
"Still I don't understand harvesting these cells against the possibility of a fatal disease or tragic situation."
What dont you understand? It is the rich trying to live longer, haven't you seen "The Island" ???

kenj
14-09-2010, 11:01 AM
"Partial-birth" abortions to harvest stem cells - where all but the head of the child is passed into the atmosphere and then having the brain removed by evacuation so that 'technically' the child never came to 'life' is just wrong to me on every level.

The baby is then kept alive, artificially, to allow them some time to collect organs, tissue and stem cells

Geeez Joe, Do they really do that over there in the good old US of A. You have a very sick society if that is the case.

Ken :eek:

SurferJoe46
14-09-2010, 11:03 AM
"Still I don't understand harvesting these cells against the possibility of a fatal disease or tragic situation."
What dont you understand? It is the rich trying to live longer, haven't you seen "The Island" ???

You mean Hawaii is some place to live forever? That's the only 'Island" of which I know - except of course, for youse guys in Upsidedown Land.

Can't I just eat lamb/sheep here and live forever like youse?

Back to TOPIC:::

The storing of cells for the possible use to repair something that will prove fatal is just a temporary reprieve as far as I can tell.

I totally also disbelieve that Hitler is still alive and well and runs a Bed & Breakfast in ChCh. It just LOOKS like him.

I have the non-desire to use anything that came out of me or anyone else's parts/pieces to lengthen my stay - unless there's beer and mutton involved.

SurferJoe46
14-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Geeez Joe, Do they really do that over there in the good old US of A. You have a very sick society if that is the case.

Ken :eek:

They do or did or still do - it's a great big festering sore that doctors do that sort of stuff.

'Partial-birth' abortions were quite the thing for a while, and as the head had not been through the cervix, it wasn't legally 'alive' - as in 'a child' yet.

They rotate the feet first for delivery and then when the head gets there they suck out the brain and render the baby 'dead' and then dispose of it.

Sick - huh?

DeSade
14-09-2010, 11:23 AM
There is absoutly nothing wrong with abortion so lets get that straight right away.
However Joe a child that is on its way out is a child, its way to late to do that ****.

No wonder the debate on this is so hot in the States if this is the result......