PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Image in Windows Mail

Egull
13-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi I am having difficulty sending emails with image attachments using Windows Mail. In Gallery I hi light an image, click Email, choose the size and this this message appears - "no profiles have been created. To create a new profile use the MAIL icon in the Control Panel.
How do I creats a new profile?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Less
Ohope

Safari
13-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Programs>select Windows Mail
from the Email Dropdown box

Egull
13-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi Again.....After the programs tag I can't find the windows Drop Down box. Do I click the Set Programs Box? Then what?

Les
Ohope

Snorkbox
13-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Why not just go to Start > Control Panel > Mail (32 bit ) and configure an Email account. You will need to know your ISP and their mail server names for this.

It looks like you may have Windows Live on your PC but it is not configured or set up yet. Can you send and receive Email at the moment and if so what client are you using?

Egull
13-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I have no problems with my windows Mail Sending or receiving and can send attachments in that program but they are to large. It's when I try to send a reduced image attachment in Windows Gallery I get this message.

- "no profiles have been created. To create a new profile use the MAIL icon in the Control Panel"

Les

Snorkbox
13-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I have no idea what Windows Gallery is. Are you talking about Windows Live Gallery or Windows Photo Gallery?

Another way of doing this may be to download Image resizer Powertoy. Then you just right click on an image in Win Explorer send to Email recipient and choose a size and send it.

Have you tried making a profile via Control Panel as I suggested?

lakewoodlady
13-09-2010, 06:37 PM
So you are using Windows Mail in Vista?
When I click on the Email icon along the top in Photo Gallery it seems to automatically resize any photo I choose. Is that what you mean?
Also, do you have another email address you can send them from, like Gmail, or Hotmail etc.

LL

Egull
13-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.
I have fixed the problem.
Les
Ohope

lakewoodlady
13-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Huh? Fixed it? Please tell us so others may benefit from that.

LL :confused: