PDA

View Full Version : Office 2k picture selection problem

09-09-2001, 02:13 PM
Hello whoever reads this. I am currently using Office 2000 Professional Edition and I find that it is very difficult to move inserted pictures the way they are selected. I have recently upgraded from Office 97 and remember having inserted pictures with hollowed out black boxes on some parts on the perimeter of the picture, in that condition the picture can be moved easily. However currently when I insert any picture I get the picture surrounded by a black frame and solid black boxes. In this condition I can only move the picture to certain places with the 'Return' marks on it. I personally find this very frustrating and is in desperate need of a solution. I know this can be done because I have seen this on other Office 2000 setups before. Please help. Thank you.

09-09-2001, 02:41 PM
I think the setting you want is float over text.

Right click on the image, format image. Goto position tab and check 'float over text'

Thats how its done on 97, and 2000 will be almost identical.

09-09-2001, 05:07 PM
Thank you very much it solved the problem! However, do you know any way of making it does that automatically whenever the user inserts an image?
Louis