PDA

View Full Version : ipod 30g 5th generation classic

4pawdog
11-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Purchased 01/2007. Has had very little use by senior owner. Earlier 2010 ceased to produce sound either via output jack or sound dock. Diagnostics costing a total of $NZ99.00 led to diagnosis of sound chip failure. Unrepairable apparently. $NZ629 piece of junk. Apparently units with high use failed quickly. Replacement unit $NZ429 available. Total ipod investment is possibly going to be in excess of $NZ1100. Was the product of merchantable quality? Is 3 years the expected life of a low use ipod? Has this happened to other owners of the same product? Can anyone suggest a better alternative?
4pawdog: :confused:

The Error Guy
11-09-2010, 11:03 PM
you could buy a iPod motherboard/mainboard 2nd hand or a damaged iPod off trademe that you could use the mobo off in order to fix. if you don't feel comfortable doing the swap yourself get someone capable in your area to do it.

Main notes for this,

Same make/model so, a 5th Gen iPod Classic.
Mobo needs to work.

If you still don't want it then ill buy it. i'm the ultimate parts scavenger xD

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Sounds like the old B&W 40 GB I had. The only prob the battery was screwed.

Didnt matter how many times you charged it, it went flat. Even with a new battery it went flat. In the end, I biffed it. Then, I decided to get a video Ipod. I've never had any probs, since I brought it / had it