PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming - We're DOOMED!

mOOseCaNNoN
08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
hahahah just kidding :)

In my opinion, and the scientific opinion of some of the worlds leading climate scientists, I think carbon tax is unnecessary, especially when you consider the fact that global warming is a natural process not caused by man, what's the point in taxing it CO2 emissions?!

carbon taxing is happening everywhere, while it appears to be a good idea, is it actually necessary?

"A Carbon Tax is the fastest and simplest way to get CO2 emissions under control" - newaustralia.net

the 2007 British documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TqqWJugXzs) on the global warming swindle is a must watch.

anyway, this is my opinion, what do you guys think?

wratterus
08-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm with you, the whole thing is a massive moneymaking scam, I can't believe JK signed up to it. **** Kyoto.

darroll
08-09-2010, 01:20 PM
It’s one of our coldest summers on record.
No tomatoes, no cucumbers in our garden, and this is Oregon.

Speedy Gonzales
08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
It is crap. The countries that produce most of the crap, dont even pay

ubergeek85
08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I guess we'll have to start taking people whos houses catch fire, oh lets not forget smoking, or hey, even breathing! It all pollutes the air!

****ing hippies

paulw
08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Wait until the new Ozz Gov introduces a ETS as a result of getting into bed with the greens over there. I see another erection there in about 6 months..

ubergeek85
08-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Ahh, the ozzies and the ETS...

Reminds me of a quote by Jeremy Clarkson (I think) when talking about a Holden; "This could only have ome from a country that hasn't signed up to the Kyoto protocol".

Can't track it down, but it's this car; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPHXVtblWw

mikebartnz
08-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Wait until the new Ozz Gov introduces a ETS as a result of getting into bed with the greens over there. I see another erection there in about 6 months..
I think there might be a lot more than that within the next six months.:D

mOOseCaNNoN
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I think there might be a lot more than that within the next six months.:D

lol :D

dying vegetation from falling leaves in the autumn produce more CO2 than all the factories, cars, planes and other sources of man made carbon-dioxide put together, so should we get rid of all the deciduous tree's on the planet? errr...

DeSade
08-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Lets be honest is a crock of **** designed to elevate mediocre scientists into relevance and provide another tax vehicle for ailing governments.

Gobe1
08-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Agree with all of you
If we saw what they were doing with the money opinions might be slightly better

08-09-2010, 02:31 PM

dying vegetation from falling leaves in the autumn produce more CO2 than all the factories, cars, planes and other sources of man made carbon-dioxide put together, so should we get rid of all the deciduous tree's on the planet? errr...

The biggest source of Methane is the Amazon Forest. Better bulldoze that thing
& put in car parks

pctek
08-09-2010, 02:37 PM
global warming

"A Carbon Tax is the fastest and simplest way to get CO2 emissions under control" - newaustralia.net

Let's pretend it was all our fault. It still doesn't fix it does it. It's just another exchange of money designed to make certain people rich. As usual.

mikebartnz
08-09-2010, 02:54 PM

It is like the carry on about nitrogen entering the lakes around Taupo and Rotarua and blaming it all on farming whereas for every hectare of pine forest near a lake 1.38kg of nitrogen will end up in it as pollen and 60% of that is water soluble.

Trev
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
This should be of more concern. In 2029 an asteroid the size of Mt Everest is going to pass very close to the earth or even hit it. This is about the size of the asteroid that hit the earth about 68 million years ago and wiped out the dinosaurs. This is only a prediction at this stage based on computer models, but will become more clearer closer to the time.
:)

mOOseCaNNoN
08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
This should be of more concern. In 2029 an asteroid the size of Mt Everest is going to pass very close to the earth or even hit it. This is about the size of the asteroid that hit the earth about 68 million years ago and wiped out the dinosaurs. This is only a prediction at this stage based on computer models, but will become more clearer closer to the time.

hopefully Jupiter will save us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQijaiNl5c) :D

SolMiester
08-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Lets be honest is a crock of **** designed to elevate mediocre scientists into relevance and provide another tax vehicle for ailing governments.

+1

B.M.
08-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Well Tax it Now, turn it around and Tax it Now.

Jeeeeeeeeez it's hard to get good staff! :D

Cicero
09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Why is it that our "leaders" see it one way and we the people see it the other?

DeSade
09-09-2010, 09:31 AM

Thats quite simple really.
They see $$$ going INTO their pockets and we see $$$ going OUT of ours.

Cicero
09-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Thats quite simple really.
They see $$$ going INTO their pockets and we see $$$ going OUT of ours.

Why didn't I see that,slow witted perhaps?

DeSade
09-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Or not quite as cynical as me.....

Cicero
09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Why didn't I see that,slow witted perhaps?

I was out with CD,trying to help out,I note Cosgrove was out getting some vote time in and of course achieving nowt.

DeSade
09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I was out with CD,trying to help out,I note Cosgrove was out getting some vote time in and of course achieving nowt.

Typical but with very low expectations of the man its hard to get disappointed.

Cicero
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Typical but with very low expectations of the man its hard to get disappointed.

He was being sickenly nice,it was too horrible to watch.:(

mikebartnz
09-09-2010, 11:45 AM
We pay them to lead us and they want to make their friends rich.

bob_doe_nz
09-09-2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WREzKwcJDCc#t=13s

Thought this was appropriate.

KenESmith
09-09-2010, 05:37 PM
That volcano with the unpronouncable name in Iceland has thrown more CO2 into the atmosphere in a few short months than all man's activities for the past 2 years - it makes a mockery of any reduction that mankind can achieve while buggering their national economies and standard of living at the same time.
ETS is just another bloody big tax, for minimal enviromental benefit and maximum economic detriment.

mOOseCaNNoN
09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
while websites like http://www.350.org.nz are a great idea, they're misinformed and are misinforming the public, have a look at how they portay CO2 as a bad thing, and how they tell you things like you should swap clothes instead of buying new ones so that factories do not produce as much CO2, idea's like this contribute to the global recession, because if we're not buying, we're not producing, and if we're not producing, we're not working as many jobs...