PDA

View Full Version : New Problem, Problematically A Problem, Probably Probable.

SurferJoe46
08-09-2010, 04:55 AM
NOTICE - MORE THAN THIRTY WORDS, again.

There's a small offshoot church in Florida where the preacher is going to burn the Koran on Sept 11th in a postscript protest of the 9-11 WTC destruction

OK - fair enuff - but there's more.

The Muslims hold the Koran as ABSOLUTELY sacred, much like rosary beads and any other statues, icons or sacred bulls, rats, snakes, bells or a phallus in other 'churches'.

Burning the Koran will infuriate the Muslims - both pro- and con US, and especially against the military that is still in Iraq/Afghan, etc. There will be blood.

This preacher has a right to burn the Koran under the protection of The First Amendment of the US Constitution, and any court interference against his lawful First Amendment expression is considered a stand against the US Constitution.

That's cut and dry.

The actual burning of the Koran, can be an ex-post facto breaking of a minor law if he cannot obtain a burning permit, which has not been forthcoming, but then the offense is punishable by a $50.00 fine anyway. The preacher has stated that he will burn the book and suffer the financial hit when he goes to court - but that's all after the fact anyway.

The UN has expressed an opinion that this preacher should be halted from committing this heinous crime against the Muslims in the world.

The UN actually has no authority over acts by individual US citizens and this would be severely overstepping their bounds.

Petraeus says small church's plan to burn Korans could endanger troops (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-petraeus-koran-20100909,0,7247062.story)

The Obama administration cannot by law, interfere with the exercising of the First Amendment Rights as set forth by law, yet his saying or doing nothing to preempt this act will be seen as duplicitous and tacit approval of the actual burning.

This will not win friends and (positively) influence people, especially Muslims for the US current administration.

Obama has stated repeatedly (http://fulldisklosure.org/blog/2010/01/15/breaking-news-obama-signs-martial-law-executive-order/) that The Bill Of Rights (the first ten amendments to the US Constitution) have stood in the way of really making this country over into what he envisions it could be under his guidance.

The US is actually operating under Semi-Martial Law [footnote] with the enactment of The Homeland Security Act, which hands power over to the military and then The Universal Code Of Military Justice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Code_of_Military_Justice), which supersedes the US Constitution in all areas.

Almost to 100%, the citizens of the US do NOT believe that they are under the UCMJ and just will staunchly defend their opinion that the US Constitution is still The Law Of The Land, when it may appear that way, but is not actually the truth.

As it is, the bigger court cases are still argued under Constitutional Law, as set forth, but this is just an allowance that is very easily shut down, instantly when needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOOTNOTE:
1. Q: Is it likely that martial law is imminent in the U.S.?A: Yes. The way has been partially cleared for it legally by the Homeland Security Act, that 'grandfathered in' the whole of a secret 1979 executive order dealing with emergency rule. One legal hurdle to martial law still remains, namely, the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, which explicitly forbids soldiers to participate in domestic law enforcement. However, Congress could easily annul the Posse Comitatus Act, and is being pressured by the attorney general and the Pentagon to do just that.

2. Q: What is martial law?A: In popular usage, martial law means that some or all civil liberties are suspended. For example, there could be a curfew, which would prevent people from exercising their normal liberty to walk around after 9 p.m. Legally, martial 'law' means that military commanders are assigned to carry out law and order among civilians. Hence, soldiers can determine what the rules are, can arrest civilians for breaking them, and can subject them to summary justice. A person could not turn to the courts for help.

FULL TEXT HERE (http://www.onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_160.shtml)

It's about time that the governmental agencies declare ALL religions as bastardi illigitimentus and actually strip them of their rights to assemble, chant, pray and in any other way interfere with the business of the governments.

It's way overdue! And they can then seize the assets and monies they hold and solve the current financial situation.

Imagine if all the churches were taxed or had their assets seized!

gary67
08-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Damn fine idea if you ask me since most of them are not religions as such but cults organised to deceive, delude and swindle gullible individuals out of their hard earned money. Sorry i'm not religious in any way shape or form and find this whole organised religion thing just plain stupid :devil:devil

SurferJoe46
08-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Damn fine idea if you ask me since most of them are not religions as such but cults organised to deceive, delude and swindle gullible individuals out of their hard earned money. Sorry i'm not religious in any way shape or form and find this whole organised religion thing just plain stupid :devil:devil

Just tax 'em and they'll fold! Don't feel sorry - I know you've gotten your craw full of them.

BTW: 'bastardi illigitimentus" was my coinage.

ubergeek85
08-09-2010, 04:30 PM
What if I said "I'm going to burn the bible" while standing in Alabama.

I wouldn't be standing for long.

Kind on one-sided, it would seem. "I'm going to **** all over your religion because the law says I can, but if you **** on mine I'll kill you"

SurferJoe46
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
What if I said "I'm going to burn the bible" while standing in Alabama.

I wouldn't be standing for long.

Kind on one-sided, it would seem. "I'm going to **** all over your religion because the law says I can, but if you **** on mine I'll kill you"

See - there you go, thinking all of Alabama is part of the Bible Belt.

It's not as radical as you think and if you burn a Bible, I bet they just start a prayer circle for you or mention you in their next service - that's all.

You've seen too many Southern Comfort movies.

At any rate - I think you've missed the impact of the whole post I made anyway.

lakewoodlady
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM

It's not as radical as you think and if you burn a Bible, I bet they just start a prayer circle for you or mention you in their next service - that's all.

You've seen too many Southern Comfort movies.

At any rate - I think you've missed the impact of the whole post I made anyway.

Let them burn whatever they want, Koran or Bible, plenty more in the world. Got a copy of both lying around here somewhere............but I don't have a fireplace and the neighbours might complain if I lit one in the yard.

LL

Cato
08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Let them burn whatever they want, Koran or Bible, plenty more in the world. Got a copy of both lying around here somewhere............but I don't have a fireplace and the neighbours might complain if I lit one in the yard.

LL

Be careful bro, remember what happened to the guy who drew those Mohamed cartoons?

Mohammed Bouyeri murdered Van Gogh in the early morning of 2 November 2004, in Amsterdam, in front of the Amsterdam East borough office (stadsdeelkantoor) on the corner of the Linnaeusstraat and Tweede Oosterparkstraat (5221′32.22″N 455′34.74″E), while he was cycling to work.[3] Bouyeri shot van Gogh eight times with an HS 2000 handgun, and Van Gogh died on the spot. Bouyeri then attempted to decapitate him with one knife,[4] and stabbed him in the chest with another. The two knives were left implanted in his torso, one attaching a five-page note to his body.

pctek
08-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Alabama? Nah, all of America.

Agent_24
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Be careful bro, remember what happened to the guy who drew those Mohamed cartoons?

Nothing happened to him. The editor of the newspaper that he published the cartoons in died in a fire though.

ubergeek85
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
try ****ing a goat

Agent_24
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
:lol:

--Wolf--
09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
So...

Some religious nutcase in some church I've never heard of is going to burn a book I've never heard of on a particular day to piss off some people, and no one can stop him.

Who cares?

SoniKalien
09-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Well we gotta have *something* to bicker about?

Paul.Cov
10-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Well, for balance, we should probably have this guy use a few christian bibles to get the fire going nicely.

The reality is, there are nutters in every single society, and these things will happen on both sides of the religeous divide.

Korans get worn and battered simply with use. You can't continue to hold every aging and tatty copy as sacred. There has to be some time at which point a muslim will 'retire' their old koran to the rubbish and start on a new one - and discarding into the refuse with the food scraps is hardly any worse than burning a copy... it's not like the ones being burnt are unique and irreplacable. There's more in shops on every street.

Irrational people making the noise on both sides of this 'event'.
To indians a cow is sacred. We kill and eat cows - but do indians get all indignant about that? No. Tolerance, understanding and intelect have quashed any drama in that respect.

Time for christians and muslims to do likewise - understand and tolerate the differences, and to tolerate the nutters who are unable to accept those differences.