PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Huh.

tut
07-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I have been getting an average of 1 request a day to be friends on facebook. I thought I was just getting popular but then got suspicious and checked on the senders of the requests. Strange, none had requested me to be their friends.
So whats up with facebook. Is this normal behaviour and what do they gain.
Seems they are going through all my email addresses and some havent been used for years and in fact one had been dead for three years, I just hadnt removed him from my list.

gary67
07-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Facebooks lack of privacy again. Seems they are hijacking anyone who has ever looked at them

Billy T
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Facebooks lack of privacy again. Seems they are hijacking anyone who has ever looked at them

Another reason why I am glad I've never even opened the site.

Twotter is another I won't go near for love or money.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :sleep

gary67
08-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Me either, I simply refuse to join and delete any invites I get

Agent_24
08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I have had a few emails from them over the years too. Always ignored and deleted them.

Anyone want to hire a botnet and do a DDoS attack on them? :lol:

roddy_boy
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I have been getting an average of 1 request a day to be friends on facebook. I thought I was just getting popular but then got suspicious and checked on the senders of the requests. Strange, none had requested me to be their friends.
So whats up with facebook. Is this normal behaviour and what do they gain.
Seems they are going through all my email addresses and some havent been used for years and in fact one had been dead for three years, I just hadnt removed him from my list.

People are allowing Facebook to look through their address books and invite anyone on there to be their friend. It's not Facebook's fault, it's the users'.

roddy_boy
08-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I have had a few emails from them over the years too. Always ignored and deleted them.

Anyone want to hire a botnet and do a DDoS attack on them? :lol:

Another brilliant post by Agent_24.

Agent_24
08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Another brilliant post by Agent_24.

You really don't like my jokes do you? Well guess what? I don't care.

faith1806
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
delete if you do not want to make friends with them. my facebook works well, and i hardly get new requests from unknown people.

tut
08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
At the start I thought I had lots of friends but now that I know different I do just delete them.
Is there any way of stopping the requests?

kahawai chaser
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
There are addons (for firefox)/utilities for facebook fried customization - but I think their is also a block list option in the settings.

roddy_boy
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
You really don't like my jokes do you? Well guess what? I don't care.

I even reported your post to the moderators for encouraging users to DDOS a website. :D

But yeah nah you're actually pretty cool. :wub

At the start I thought I had lots of friends but now that I know different I do just delete them.
Is there any way of stopping the requests?

Yeah pretty sure there should be a link in the email telling Facebook to stop emailing you on that address.

Or you could just get an account and be friends with people and get invited to parties. Or whatever.

Agent_24
08-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I even reported your post to the moderators for encouraging users to DDOS a website. :D

I'm sure they'll be overjoyed at your waste of their time.

But yeah nah you're actually pretty cool. :wub

:thanks