PDA

View Full Version : Connect two phones via bluetooth to give net access on the go

nedkelly
06-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I have two phones currently, a nokia E63 on vodafone and a blackberry pearl on 2Degrees. With the release of data packs for 2Degrees I was wondering is there some way I can bluetooth link the two phones together so the nokia gets to the net through the blackberry?
(side note: sore fingers from tapping this out on phone)

:pf1mobmini:

nedkelly
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
*bump*
Would like to know if this can be done please, if not with the blackberry then how about a V3X razr?

Speedy Gonzales
09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Try it and find out. It'll either work or it wont. Probably be easier getting a BT adapter for the PC.

Renmoo
09-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Explore all the connection settings on both phones and see if there are options to access the net via Bluetooth.

But somehow I think it won't work.

Erayd
09-09-2010, 03:37 PM
This can't be done unless the 2degrees phone is capable of tethering either via bluetooth (maybe) or WiFi (very unlikely) and the Nokia is capable of connecting via bluetooth (unlikely) or WiFi (probably). If your phones are capable of this, it should say so fairly clearly in the instruction manual.

For the record, note that most phones are incapable of tethering other devices via WiFi - this is a fairly recent thing that only a few high-end smartphones (mainly Android 2.2 devices) seem to have. You probably won't be able to do what you're after.

Have you considered simply porting the Nokia's number to 2degrees and getting around the problem that way?

nedkelly
10-09-2010, 12:55 PM
@Speedy: I dont always have my laptop with me.
@Jamuz: Will look and see.
@Erayd: Hopefully they will both be able to tether via bluetooth, and I dont want to port the nokia's number to 2 Degrees quite yet, still have heaps of people on 021