PDA

View Full Version : Who Ate Up All The Ammunition Allowance?

SurferJoe46
06-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Springerville, Arizona, US., police have had a lot of trouble keeping the ammunition coffers full - but I think I can see where all the money went into donuts------>

http://www.wmicentral.com/news/latest_news/article_79f082e8-b6d8-11df-9874-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=image&photo=1

tweak'e
06-09-2010, 07:28 PM
LOL maybe they should have gotten a free gym membership ;)

prefect
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Fat ****s.
Wonder their fat fingers can fit through the trigger guard to fire the ammunition.
Obviously US police dont have fitness tests like NZ feds.

jareemon
07-09-2010, 08:04 AM
IT'S CHIEF WIGGUM!

SurferJoe46
07-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Fat ****s.
Wonder their fat fingers can fit through the trigger guard to fire the ammunition.
Obviously US police dont have fitness tests like NZ feds.

They aren't Federal, nor are they federally controlled. They are little town/burg cops who just got the job because nobody else wanted it or knew they got drafted for the job.

Most of these cops are just good ol' boys who build a cadre around them of friends and relatives and they try to hold the fort down in these little towns all over the states.

Some don't even get paid for the job.

"Andy Of Mayberry" was high-class compared to some of these local gendarmes.

He may not need to shoot anyone anyway - just the threat of sitting on someone would keep the law and order.

prefect
07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Andy didnt carry a gun, 3000 rounds would have lasted him a while. I used to watch it as kid.
We had a similar thing up to 15 years ago here with City Council traffic cops.
They were the nastiest conniving bastards on the planet solely there for revenue. Worse even than the fed traffic cops who even the NZ police called snakes behind their backs. I think Invercargill and Mt Albert were the last of them but just going on my memory not google.
We had an industry procedure here not to stop for them if they tried to pull up heavy vehicles just ignored them until we got over the county line into West Auckland

BobM
07-09-2010, 12:51 PM
NZ Fed's? Are we the Eastern State. :lol:

SurferJoe46
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Andy didnt carry a gun, 3000 rounds would have lasted him a while. I used to watch it as kid.
We had a similar thing up to 15 years ago here with City Council traffic cops.
They were the nastiest conniving bastards on the planet solely there for revenue. Worse even than the fed traffic cops who even the NZ police called snakes behind their backs. I think Invercargill and Mt Albert were the last of them but just going on my memory not google.
We had an industry procedure here not to stop for them if they tried to pull up heavy vehicles just ignored them until we got over the county line into West Auckland

Andy on that show was a High Sheriff and they don't usually carry a sidearm. The rules of engagement are a little different in the US than many other places.

Barney Fife, as his Deputy was required to carry one and Andy made sure that Barney had his bullet with him all the time, but not actually loaded in the revolver.

Used to be that if you made it over a city/county or state line then the pursuing officers had to break off and hope the next jurisdiction could take up the pursuit.

However that's changed with the "Hot Pursuit" law where if you can keep the perp in visual contact (aircraft and helicopters count), then you are allowed to continue until they are apprehended or you run out of fuel.

Aircraft, by the way are not allowed to fire upon anyone and they only carry handguns for their own protection if/when they have to land and exit the aircraft.

In California - and some other states now - the blue lights on police vehicles means that the officer is carrying a weapon. Aircraft are NOT allowed to show a blue light at any time and are usually just used as observers and pursuit vehicles. They cannot even carry K9 officers. (The dogs are sworn officers for matters of legal pursuit and apprehension and to protect the dog. If you kill a dog, you just killed a cop and the courts frown upon anyone killing a police officer, even one with four legs.)

Also: you do NOT have to stop for any oscillating or flashing RED, BLUE, YELLOW light either. They MUST use a solid RED light for stopping you and any other lights MAY be on/displayed, but that solid red/on light means they want YOU.

I broke Hot Pursuit once (in 1976) when I was running from Ehrenberg, Arizona on my motorcycle at near 200 MPH (322KPH) and the CHP constantly lost sight of me, but resumed their pursuit as they would catch sight of me in another jurisdiction.

I outran the helicopter and the fixed wing Piper, so I had gone 'cold'. I outran the Mustang Pursuit cars and the Dodge Polaras they had then with the 440 HD engines and cop packages. You might've seen one of them in The Blues Brothers.

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters (that'd be about 1973) so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

I stopped after I got past the Whitewater Grade and just pulled under a freeway over crossing and kicked back and lounged on the bike and in a few moments a CHP Pursuit Mustang pulled up and he slowly got out and walked over to me and asked me if I was the guy they were chasing.

Yeah - right! Admit that and then hold out my hands for the cuffs!

I don't know why I did it, but it sure was fun.

I've quit doing things like that.

Gobe1
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters (that'd be about 1973) so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Oooohhh yeah, the sound that car makes as he trys to drive in to the skinheads? on the bridge is pure heaven:D

prefect
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
If you kill a cop here you will get at least 10 years in prison. We are really tough on murderers here.
Police dog guessing probaly about 200 hours community work.
I did a runner on the Hutt motorway on my Norton Commando coming from Te Maurua stock cars.
Dont know what came over me cop waved me down and I just carried on. Could see lights flashing behind me as cop left in pursuit.But there is no way a 202 HQ Holden Kingswood is going to catch a Norton Commando.

WalOne
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
I broke Hot Pursuit once (in 1976) when I was running from Ehrenberg, Arizona on my motorcycle at near 200 MPH (322KPH) and the CHP constantly lost sight of me, but resumed their pursuit as they would catch sight of me in another jurisdiction.

Interesting. A chase in Arizona involving the California Highway Patrol. You should get a job writing Hollywood scripts, Joe.

SurferJoe46
07-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Interesting. A chase in Arizona involving the California Highway Patrol. You should get a job writing Hollywood scripts, Joe.

Yup - the CHP picked me up about 200 years after I left Ehrenberg.

That's where the Colorado River is the border between California and Arizona.

After I left the California Agricultural Inspection Station, it was to the wall from there on. ]

For your info - Ehrenberg is the border town of California/Arizona at that point, so I never was in Arizona when the CHPs pick me up on their radar.

Google Maps Link Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Ehrenberg,+AZ&sll=33.48158,-116.636799&sspn=0.008984,0.013733&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ehrenberg,+La+Paz,+Arizona&t=h&z=12)

Check out the red A there - that's Ehrenberg. Where you see that red/white and blue 10, that's the 10 freeway and that's sitting right at the river.

If you zoom in real tight, you'll also see the Ag Inspection Station. I went to your left - which is West once I hit the California border.

The next stop I made was about 140 miles away just parallel and a little NNW of Palm Springs at Highway 111 where it crosses over the 10 Freeway.

I can understand your error, hanging upsidedown and all. The fictional ball is in your court, gov. .

BobM
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
SJ, what sort of bike were you riding back then? Any hidden away in the shed now.? lol

SurferJoe46
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I had the fortune to get one of the Kawasaki 650-B1s that were built for Cycle World Magazine. It already had a centrifugal advance distributor plate with CDI put in it and the big Mikuni 4x32mm's with pumpers.

Remember the ads saying: "Float like a butterfly - sting like a Z"? It was one of them.

I had the cash - the dealer had the KZ in a crate and it was the only red one on the whole lot, so I waved the money under his nose and he called the mechanic in on a Sunday to put it together for me.

It wasn't supposed to be sold to the general public and I just was at the right place/right time.

After I added the ATP turbo and the Crower regrinds, I never had any competition from almost anything on the road again, although stock it was blistering fast.

ATP was in Santa Ana and just two blocks from my auto repair shop on Dyer Road.

I had already added a Kerker 4-in-1 and Remington Road Racer profile tires and dual brake calipers/rotors from a K-Z1R to the front wheel w/sintered metallic pads.

Unfortunately it wasn't a dragster, but with a very short wheelbase roadster and I could never keep the front end down in a drag race, so I picked my opponents carefully. Much under 100MPH and the front wheel would try to endo on me when I cranked it on.

At the same time I had a Norton Commando and a Yamaha YTB that I pocket-rocketed around with.

Everything's gone now. I growed up.