PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Lifebook U1010

bk T
04-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Anyone here knows whether this little one has got a built-in recovery partition, and what key(s) to press in order to activate the recovery process? This little machine is badly infected with virus/malware, etc. Reinstall probably is the best solution. The HDD is filled 100%

gary67
04-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Drivers are here (http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_lb_vista_u1010.html) if you need them. Not looking hopeful on the recovery partition doesn't look like they have one

John H
04-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Anyone here knows whether this little one has got a built-in recovery partition, and what key(s) to press in order to activate the recovery process? This little machine is badly infected with virus/malware, etc. Reinstall probably is the best solution. The HDD is filled 100%

My Lifebook P5010 has a recovery partition - it is visible, so if there is one on yours you should see it. It is called DISE on my thing (Drive Image Special Edition).

My manual says::
1. disable virus protection software or DISE will hang.
2. From the DISE main window, click Options>Restore Factory Backup to restore the factory image.
DISE shuts down to DOS and restores the image file.

Hope that helps.

bk T
04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
My Lifebook P5010 has a recovery partition - it is visible, so if there is one on yours you should see it. It is called DISE on my thing (Drive Image Special Edition).

My manual says::
1. disable virus protection software or DISE will hang.
2. From the DISE main window, click Options>Restore Factory Backup to restore the factory image.
DISE shuts down to DOS and restores the image file.

Hope that helps.

Nope, can't find the recovery partition

Anything mention about what key to press when booting to start the recovery process?

Renmoo
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Try F9.

However, the more pertinent issue is: The HDD is filled 100%

I'm guessing the important files and folders have already been backed up, and therefore you wouldn't mind wiping the entire hard drive (sans the recovery partition) and reinstall the OS from scratch?

John H
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Anything mention about what key to press when booting to start the recovery process?

No, just what I quoted. You go into the partition, find the app, start it up and bob should be your uncle.

Is the partition hidden perhaps? If you have Partition Magic it may be worth a burl to see if that is the case.

I got a driver CD with my beast - have you got one?

bk T
04-09-2010, 11:27 PM
No, just what I quoted. You go into the partition, find the app, start it up and bob should be your uncle.

Is the partition hidden perhaps? If you have Partition Magic it may be worth a burl to see if that is the case.

I got a driver CD with my beast - have you got one?

No. nothing.

Anyway, have just completed reinstalling from USB stick and will wait until tomorrow to install the drivers.