PDA

View Full Version : Multiple or Mass Downloading of Images from Web Space

kahawai chaser
04-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Anyone know of a software or batch process to download all images from web server/space in "one swoop" to my PC folder? I currently have hundreds of small icon size images (in png, jpeg, gif, and ico format) hosted on my web space/server at KOL (Kiwi Online). Many of those image url's (e.g. at myusername.kol.co.nz) link to favicons in my sites/blogs, in profiles in other forums and dozens of place markers in my custom Google Maps. They were uploaded with a FTP program (corelite).

Because I'm closing KOL soon (finally going broadband) I'm downloading those individually hosted images to PC then re uploading and re hosting those images with Picassa Online (free), and then relinking their url's (from Picassa) with the blogs and maps, etc. Work's OK, but too slow. I have found something called GNU Wget (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/) - which does HTTP requests, retrieval or similar but looks a bit of a confusing process. Anyone done something similar or know of a simple 3rd party utility, etc to mass download from a server. Thanks...

Snorkbox
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Have a look for Webreaper. I just grabbed all images out of a Web site yesterday using that.

kahawai chaser
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
OK - Thanks...