PDA

View Full Version : Cannot remember how to get into Tomato

Strommer
04-09-2010, 10:18 AM
ASUS WL-520GU - how do I access Tomato?
Tried Gateway and IP Address...

bob_doe_nz
04-09-2010, 10:43 AM
It should just be the address of the gateway.
Odd since I have the exact same device and just logged in it two minutes ago.

Strommer
04-09-2010, 11:06 AM
It should just be the address of the gateway.
Odd since I have the exact same device and just logged in it two minutes ago.

Could a firewall be blocking it? Will try disabling Comodo (only using firewall section).

I am simply putting 192.168.1.1 in the URL address bar, FF. This correct?

Strommer
04-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Correction: 192.168.1.1 gets me into the Dynalink router.

wainuitech
04-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Have you changed the IP address for the Asus ?

Try connecting directly to the Asus Router ( not to sure where the Dynalink comes in to the picture) -- then open a command prompt, type in ipconfig, and that will give you the gateway of the Asus.

bob_doe_nz
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd unplug the dynalink and see if the router designates an ip address.

Strommer
04-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Duh. I think I know what the problem is now. The ASUS is of course wireless, and Dynalink wired (router). I used to have my desktop pc connected via a usb wireless but that dongle crapped out and now it is connected via the router cable, so of course I cannot access ASUS/Tomato via my desktop.

Anyway, what I need to do is to change the router outbound TCP port to 5200 and [Inbound - Outbound UDP to ports 5198 & 5199]. So this is via the Dynalink router, right? Tomato is only with the wireless ASUS, correct? BTW, SWMBO's laptop connects via wireless.

Now the question is how to change the router ports? I have a program that requires this (Echolink, in case anyone is curious). Using http://192.168.1.1/ I cannot see how this can be done, but there is a Help page on Echolink so guess I will study that.

Poppa John
04-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I cannot resist this, but I may get an earful.

Ensure that the Tomato, aforementiond, is firm. If soft, chill in the fridge a little while. Then use sharp serated knife to slice or chop. PJ :ban

gary67
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Ensure that the Tomato, aforementiond, is firm. If soft, chill in the fridge a little while. Then use sharp serated knife to slice or chop. PJ :ban

I thought you just twisted the top anti clockwise turn upside down and squeeze :devil

Strommer
04-09-2010, 02:44 PM

Good one. :lol: Thanks. :lol:

bluenose
04-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Now the question is how to change the router ports? I have a program that requires this (Echolink, in case anyone is curious). Using http://192.168.1.1/ I cannot see how this can be done, but there is a Help page on Echolink so guess I will study that.

I have sent a PM regarding Echolink.
Bluenose

bluenose
04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
The IP address on my router is 198.162.2.1 and the port forwarding is UDP5198 and UDP5199 TCP5200. There has been a lot of traffic recently on the website that I pointed you to. I had similar problems a couple of years ago but those guys helped a lot. We do have a reflector for worldwide comms so all I had to to was send email requesting tests and within 10 minutes I was in touch via Echolink with W's VE's and some EU stations. Can you get into the router at all? The numbers that you quoted do nothing on mine
Just recvd your second PM. Sorry about that I'm not used to PMing and had finger trouble and lost what I was typing. Now I know where it went Hi.
Yes, a ZL2.

Bluenose

Strommer
04-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Bluenose, et. al. - the problem that I have now is getting a static IP address. As I said in my PM, the free software for establishing a static IP address did not work at all - nada, nothing. The detailed instructions for setting UDP5198 and UDP5199 TCP5200 for my router state first a static IP address must be established before doing the port forwarding (see the links in my PM). I may post a new question here on PF1 about how to get a static IP address, unless someone reading this thread has a clever idea. BTW, yes I can get into the router settings.

bluenose
04-09-2010, 11:39 PM
How do I send a graphic?