PDA

View Full Version : SeaMonkey Emails

Snorkbox
01-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi peoples. I need a little or maybe a lot of help here.

A friend has purchased Win7 to replace his WinXP and I am going to do a clean install and of course save all data.

My main problem is that for some time he has been using Seamonkey as a browser and also it is the default Email client. He also has Office 2007 and Outlook is installed. He wants to possibly go to Outlook for email or just keep using seamonkey. I have sent him a Gmail invite so he could then forward all Emails ( about 200 or so ) to Gmail and then when setup with Win7 and whatever Email client simply download or redirect same.

He also wants to keep his contacts so how do I do that? I have no idea where they live or how to export same.

Making life easier is the fact that he has two physical hard drives in his system and one is a copy of the other. 2 x 180 Gig drives and I also have an external 200 Gig USB drive here so no shortage of space for backups.

KarameaDave
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Bottom left of Seamonkey window should be, amongst others, an icon 'Address Book' this will open the address book window which has, under tools, the option to export.

Renmoo
01-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Who's your friend's current e-mail provider? i.e. Xtra, Hotmail, Yahoo etc.?

Optional question: Any ideas how were the e-mails downloaded to the SeaMonkey client? e.g. via POP3 or IMAP etc.?

I suppose s/he still has the installation file for Office 2007?

Snorkbox
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
His current Email ISP provider is Ihug so POP3 and yes he does have the Office CD. It also does not help that he's on dial up so it's going to wait until the PC gets here where I can connect via broadband.

@KarameaDave. Thanks for that.

KarameaDave
01-09-2010, 04:26 PM
You are welcome. :-)