PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or facebook?

Cato
31-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Is it just me or is facebook excessively slow today?

Everything seems to be normal, but I can't load facebook in FF at all. Opera loads it, but is extremely slow. Anyone else suffering from this?

Arnie
31-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Every now & again yes, fails to load or load completely, OK at the moment for me. Some web sights seem to be like that, hang up on loading what looks like adbureau or similar.

Renmoo
31-08-2010, 08:25 PM
web sights
I don't know whether you have intentionally spelt it wrongly or not, but it clicks in well :clap

jareemon
31-08-2010, 11:17 PM
ive had problems with facey today too. actually, off and on for the last couple days.

johnfarris85
01-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Hello,

Facebook is the nice social networking website.

Thanks,
John Farris

gary67
01-09-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't have any problems with facebook. I never open it

Gobe1
01-09-2010, 09:44 AM
It is the worst designed site ever
I was on there trying to add a friend and do you think i could find the right place to do this, it is so ambiguous

Renmoo
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
It is the worst designed site ever
I was on there trying to add a friend and do you think i could find the right place to do this, it is so ambiguous
Facebook is a complex website which is designed to carry and present a lot of features to the users. I guess once you are familiar with the interface, it becomes much more straightforward.

Snorkbox
01-09-2010, 11:33 AM
There is no need to be so paranoic about Facebook. You can use it and also lock down to some extent. If people simply accept the default settings you get what you deserve.

Gobe1
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but you click on the link in your email to accept an invite from a friend (whom i know, yes i have 1, dont faint!!!), login and click the accept button which should be right in your face but noooooooo, i cant find it any where. Bollox
Sorry for the thread hijack Cato, you can do the same to me sometime :)

Cato
01-09-2010, 07:30 PM
There is no need to be so paranoic about Facebook. You can use it and also lock down to some extent. If people simply accept the default settings you get what you deserve.

True that. No one can see me on facebook, no one can add me. If I see someone I know, I add.
If you are going to put your whole life story on the internet, that's your problem. Would you tell every stranger who you are, where you have been, what you do?
Would you carve your phone number onto your forehead?

Same rules apply on facebook.

Crystal015
22-11-2010, 08:12 PM
i never have problems when opening it :)))

xyz823
22-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Same rules apply on facebook.

Nah it's in the phonebook though.

Hello,

Facebook is the nice social networking website.

Thanks,
John Farris

Cheers for your input bro. :cool:

I don't have any problems with facebook. I never open it

Do you have post this in every facebook thread? Does it make you feel better than everyone else that you don't use facebook? Do you feel superior to everyone else? :2cents:

gary67
23-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Do you feel superior to everyone else? :2cents:

Yes

xyz823
23-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Yes

:lol:

SP8's
23-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Wife received this message from Facebook yesterday ... she was unable to log in and it was apparently hijacked by someone around the Rotorua area ...

You recently changed your Facebook password. As a security precaution, this notification has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have not changed your password, your account may have been the victim of a phishing scam.Please follow the link to regain control over your account:

prefect
23-11-2010, 07:52 AM
I admit to struggling on how to get it too work, I secretly watched over my kids shoulder and learned that way.

coldfront
23-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Over the years I accumulated email adresses from various ISPs, getting a new email address is so easy........so imagine how easy it then is to have several facebook accounts.:ban

Then again thats even the advice given now if you do not want to damage your future career to have a second dummy account.

The internet where a million suckers are duped every second

xyz823
23-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Over the years I accumulated email adresses from various ISPs, getting a new email address is so easy........so imagine how easy it then is to have several facebook accounts.:ban

Then again thats even the advice given now if you do not want to damage your future career to have a second dummy account.

The internet where a million suckers are duped every second

Just don't put anything stupid on there. Also, prospective employers can't see anything if you set your privacy settings right.

prefect
23-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Check this out:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/idf-uses-facebook-to-catch-women-lying-their-way-out-of-the-army-1.326151

Cato
23-11-2010, 08:59 AM
^^Yeah, if you have multiple account with facebook how would you add friends?
You think like a stalker. Good on ya bro :p

Check this out:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/idf-uses-facebook-to-catch-women-lying-their-way-out-of-the-army-1.326151

Good on them.

Someone want to tell the NZDF to use facebook to check up on *******s who are ripping our government like that pommy prick, whatever his name was.

pcuser42
23-11-2010, 10:45 AM

Even easier with Gmail, which ignores full stops in emails - so account@gmail.com and acc.ount@gmail.com would go to the same inbox.

That's how I managed to get two Twitter accounts :D