PDA

View Full Version : Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse problems

SP8's
28-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi all,

Just went to install a wireless Logitech MK250 keyboard & mouse combo on a friends computer and now having real problems.

Firstly, after following instructions to the letter, the keyboard & mouse worked, until the left mouse button was clicked and comp immediately went into restart.

Tried several times to get the problem solved by getting windows to recognise the new hardware, but to no avail.

Went back to the original wired KB & M and now what happens is the welcome screen comes up, log on with the KB as usual and personal settings load ..... until everything but the Lyncsys wireless tries to load .... then straight back to restart.

I think it may be a conflict of some sort between the KB & Wireless, but not sure where to start .... no conflicts show up in device manager running in safe mode.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !!

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Something maybe shorting. WHAT USB ports did you connect the old kb in / the logitech transmitter in? Front or back?? I'm using the same kb here (MK250 x2). They're fine. Pity the program to secure them doesnt work tho. Dont think its a conflict with the kb and wireless. It wouldnt crash the system

SP8's
28-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Speedy .... put the transmitter into the back because it's 2.0

Back into safe mode, but don't really know where to start looking ....

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Does it crash in all of the USB ports, or just one? Whats the brand/model of the mobo

SP8's
28-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Its a Gigabyte mobo ..... just trying something now .... wireless KB & M working, but dreading the restart

SP8's
28-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Damn .... I went to double left click on the mouse settings in control panel and it shut down into restart .... its almost like the left hand button is set as reset, but how the hell do I reset the buttons if I can't get into the settings ???

SP8's
28-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Nope ... out of safe mode, can't get back in unless I pull the plug. In normal mode it just crashes when things start loading up

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Did someone build this system?? If someone did, does this mobo have firewire onboard?? If it does, someone didnt plug the front USB into the firewire port/s did they? I would also check and see if the metal pins (if someone put it together) isnt going into one of the ports on the back

Is it OK in safe mode then?? Or does it crash as well?

SP8's
28-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Its an off the shelf NEC ...

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 08:21 PM
?? Whats an NEC? Its an NEC system, with a GB mobo?

SP8's
28-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Sorry Speedy it is a Packard Bell Gigabyte mobo .... has an NEC sticker on the back panel.... still crashing but can't figure out why.

Taken the wireless out and put the old KB & M back in .... still the same thing happening.

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Sounds like there's a fault somewhere. If it crashes with wired and wireless.

Open the case and find out WHAT the model of the mobo is. I would pull the mobo out, plug either in again, and see if it crashes. What does the BSOD say?? If you cant see it reboot then press F8 disable auto restart

SP8's
28-08-2010, 08:59 PM
There are no error messages ..... when it restarts I can't even get into safe mode. Have to turn off and have to do a cold boot to get into safe mode, but can't find anything wrong .... not unusual because I'm not that well up on the guts of them.

Everything was working sweet before installing the wireless KB & M One thing is, even in safe mode using wired KB & M ... left click on anything and it goes into restart ..... I'm thinking a speights is lookin' pretty damn good about now !!

SP8's
28-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Think I found the problem ..... bulging .... leaking caps on the mobo !!!

Speights time :banana:

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 09:13 PM
ah ha, that'll crash it

SP8's
28-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Yep .... just coincidence that it happened at the same time .... by the look of them they've been simmering away for a while.

Oh well .... few more speights and get the gas axe out tomorrow (no time for mucking around)

Thanks for your help Speedy !!

Speedy Gonzales
28-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Sweet no probs !