PDA

View Full Version : Finding a specific file in Windows 7?

R.M.
28-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I am currently looking for a specific file for Photoshop on my 'puter - both on the new HDD and the old 'puter HDD. It has a .abr extension.

I used to be able to do this easily in XP, but finding it difficult/impossible with Windows 7...

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Trev
28-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Hit the start button then enter the file name in the search programs and files window.
:)

Snorkbox
28-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Use wild cards if you don't know the full filename. *.ABR will find all files with that extension.

wainuitech
28-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Click Start, type in *.abr hit enter, it will search for all files with that extension. Once located either double click to open it, or right click - Open file location.

You can also search other places - Once it finishes searching either click "See More Results" (Directly above the search window). You can select the drive / network Location you want, OR simply open Computer, select the old Drive, top right type in the search box *.abr and all the files will show.

Many people dont like the new W7 search, simply some dont now how to use it correctly.

R.M.
28-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Thank you, thank you - that's exactly the info I was looking for, but I still haven't found the file. But I've learnt something. :)