PDA

View Full Version : Getting a printout of Favorites

07-09-2001, 12:06 PM
My Favorites folder is HUGE, bloated with addresses that I hardly ever use but don't want to delete 'just in case'.

I really want to prune it and since it will take years to manually copy all the links does anyone know if it is possible to create a word or other file listing all of my Favourites addresses in order to get a print out? I know I can export to a html file, but that way I can't get a printout of just the names and link addresses.

Thank you!

07-09-2001, 05:33 PM
Its a bit of a hack, but this kind of works.

Save them as a netscape bookmark file (HTML). Then open the file in a word processor, do a find and replace replacing: <A HREF= with nothing. When you open the file in a browser you will get the URLS displayed, unfortunatly it also shows stupp like ADDDATE=29734890 etc.

Its a horriable hack but it may work for you.

07-09-2001, 11:47 PM
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about trying that one but was wondering if there was a quicker and easier way. Alas, it seems not, but it is still better than copying and pasting the whole lot one by one!

08-09-2001, 03:50 AM
If your wondering about the broken link, it seems its reading the HTML I posted when it shouldn't.
Hit reply and it will show what I meant for it to display.