PDA

View Full Version : Digital Phone Line queries

CCF
26-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey ya guys

About to switch over to NZNet onto their Naked DSL plan, the DSL plan comes with a digital phone line, which I just found out that only 1 analog phone can be hooked up to a single digital line, if more analog phones are required, additional digital lines are required, which means additional monthly cost.

So my question/problem or situation is that, I have 4 analog phones that I would very much like to keep using, is there any way or any device of some sort that can allow me to have all 4 analog phones running with 1 single digital phone line?

And also, do having multiple digital phones poses the same issue? Or can digital phones be hooked up to switches then to a single digital phone line (of course via router) and act like a single phone, so to speak, as I know once we deal with digital phones, each phone will have its IP address?

I have been looking at those cordless phones with multiple headsets, but the cost for those are just :(

Any advice?

Thanks a bunch :)

CCF
26-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Hmm, just looking down a couple of post I just realised another guy posted a very similar q to mine. So my apologies for a repost.

Though just to confirm, to have multiple analog headset on one single digital line, all I need is a VOIP adapter? Something like the Linksys PAP2T? Or where in my case I would need either a VOIP adapter with 4 or more ports or 2x PAP2T?

Much appreciated :)

ryanjames.powell
26-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Just need a single analogue telephone adaptor. The way we did it is we disconnected the jackpoints from the Telecom network (we have a separate line for the broadband), then patched the phone line from the router to one of the jackpoints, and since all of the jackpoints are linked together, it goes to every jackpoint in the house, and we can plug phones in anywhere and they will all be linked to the analogue phone port on the back of the router. We have a Linksys AG310 router which has an analogue telephone adaptor built in.

So basically, you can use splitters etc to hook up several phones to a single analogue phone adaptor.

gary67
26-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I use a panasonic cordless phone and base set with as many other cordless phones as secondary phones to the same base set

johnd
26-08-2010, 10:03 PM
We are using Xnet with a Linksys PAP2T - I have a hardwired analog phone and an analog wireless phone system plugged into the one jack with a splitter - this works fine.

CCF
26-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Wow thanks alot guys. The idea of using a splitter for some odd reason never came to me. Was thinking that if I needed several analog adapters or high end adapters, then the Naked DSL pricing plan may take a few years to be worth its while ><.

Thanks again everyone :)

Chilling_Silence
27-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Technically it's not a "digital line", as that would be ISDN. It's a SIP / VoIP line ;)