PDA

View Full Version : Had a nice thing happen......

lakewoodlady
23-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I had bid on a cool mouse on TradeMe and won the auction. The seller discovered it was faulty so didn't send it. He gave an immediate refund into my account. How good is that? After a s**t day, that turned out ok!

LL

prefect
23-08-2010, 08:22 PM
There are some blardy nice traders on Trademe far out weigh the ratbags imo
I bought a fizz boat on TM a few years ago as I was leaving the guy stopped me went into his shed and gave me a mint Evinrude 5HP as an auxiliary. Saying here you might as well have this as well.
I just about burst into tears with gratitude.

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, it is good to strike (figuratively speaking of course) an honest trader.
The more the better IMHO.

gary67
23-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Had a couple of good ones SWMBO bought an oven, had a problem trader repaid no questions asked. I have done it myself too when I sold something that turned out to be DOA just repaid, not worth arguing

R2x1
23-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I am not the only lucky one then; all the people I've traded with have been great.
I suppose the publicity is all for the problems; Pity.

Nomad
23-08-2010, 09:42 PM
one time i sold a pcmcia card without the dongle for $1 i think, i under estimated the postal, so essentially i just gave it away and paid more for doing so ... they offered to pay me, but i said nah ..

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Everyone on there of course, is aware that even one negative feedback is enough to
'Blot their copybook' so to speak.

The Error Guy
23-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Bought a cell cover of TM, the guy sent 2x. I told him he made a mistake and did he want me to send another payment. he replied "no, they're s**t anyway it will break in a month so instead of buying a new one. use the spare"

He was right.

hueybot3000
23-08-2010, 11:41 PM
I like to think I do my fair share of bending over for other traders and it is nice when someone returns the position

xyz823
23-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I no longer use trademe, (got banned, long story xD) but when I did, I tried my best to help people out when they brought from me. I was always prompt with replying to emails and sending goods and was happy to give refunds within reason.

Although I was good to others, I had about 7 really awful trades. The worst one was a memory card I brought from someone for $80 (16GB psp one), it arrived and was faulty and after about 2 weeks the seller finally replied and said if I sent it back he would refund me. Of course I believed in the goodness of others and sent it back. Never heard from the prick again. Tried email, phone etc and never heard from him. Reported to trademe and told them he was selling fake Sony memory sticks as real ones (which he was). Trademe didn't do jack because he sold a lot of fake Chinese stuff and made them lots of cash in fees etc.

They tend to favour high sellers in cases such as this and ignore the person who has lost out on $80.

pctek
24-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I bought some soap off TM, requested which sort I wanted, received the wrong sort. Emailed and she said she'd send more and I could send it back. I decided to give it to my friend instead, so thanked her and said not to worry.

A few days later I got the replacements anyway.

Now that's nice. There are some nice traders out there......

Renmoo
24-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I no longer use trademe, (got banned, long story xD)
Go on...

xyz823
24-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Go on...

I was young and stupid xD.

Umm when I sold my psp I sold it with my 8GB memory stick and said I could put on whatever games the buyer wanted. TM didn't like that and pulled the auction.

So I filled the memory stick up with about 15 games and wrote in the auction details what the games were. Never said that they were "pirated" as such. About 5 hours later the auction was pulled and I had an email saying that my account had been disabled.

Mum was NOT happy.

PaulD
24-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I was young and stupid xD.

Mum was NOT happy.

Whose account did you say?

Agent_24
24-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Remember one person, I was bidding on a Parallel-Port CD-RW drive. Won it for $1. Then they said "I don't want to post it, because it was only $1, I can't be bothered"

A few emails later and then they went so far as to say "Well you shouldn't have bid on it" (WTF?)

Eventually I got their number and called them, said "well I can't pick it up, if I didn't want it I wouldn't have bid, can you please send it" and they did.

Pretty annoying but at least it worked out in the end...