PDA

View Full Version : SQLSERVER Service doesn't auto-start

Mike
22-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I have SQL Server 2008 on my PC, but the service doesn't start when the computer restarts. How do I get the service to start? It is set to Automatic, but it just doesn't start automatically. I have to manually go and start the service (when I remember).

I could set a tast to start it, but I thought it was supposed to auto-start without it?

Mike.

wainuitech
22-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Dont like swearing on a public Forum:xmouth: But by any chance you have McAfee installed ?

Mike
22-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Dont like swearing on a public Forum:xmouth: But by any chance you have McAfee installed ?I wouldn't treat my computer that way :) no I do not have McAfee installed. I saw a lot of posts via Google about Mcafee...

I have MS Security Essentials installed... I'd assume they'd talk nicely together... (although I know what assume means).

Mike.

SolMiester
23-08-2010, 11:26 AM
What login is set for the service, is interact with the desktop ticked?

Mike
23-08-2010, 05:24 PM
it's set to logon as "NT AUTHORITY\Local Service"

where do I tick "interact with desktop"?

Mike.

SolMiester
23-08-2010, 11:45 PM
it's set to logon as "NT AUTHORITY\Local Service"

where do I tick "interact with desktop"?

Mike.

You dont want it interactive with desktop. Is the O/s 7 or 2008, you could do delayed start!, sounds like a number of other services are also starting same time..

Mike
24-08-2010, 12:23 AM
OS is Win7. I didn't see an "interact with desktop" so I don't know if that's set. I'll try delayed start.

Mike.

SolMiester
24-08-2010, 12:32 PM
OS is Win7. I didn't see an "interact with desktop" so I don't know if that's set. I'll try delayed start.

Mike.

Mine is actually using the network service!

Mike
24-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Mine is actually using the network service!I'll try changing mine...

do you think it would make any difference that my computer auto logs on?

Mike.

SolMiester
24-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll try changing mine...

do you think it would make any difference that my computer auto logs on?

Mike.

Ahhh, could be, task scheduler doesnt work unless user logs in with a password!

Mike
15-09-2010, 11:03 AM
You dont want it interactive with desktop. Is the O/s 7 or 2008, you could do delayed start!, sounds like a number of other services are also starting same time..Delayed start appears to have made the difference. I would have thought if it couldn't start the first time it would try later? I guess not... or maybe it did but not long enough later :)

Anyway it's all going now, thanks!

Mike.