PDA

View Full Version : The End is Nigh

pctek
22-08-2010, 10:43 AM
All the fuss over bird flus and other non-events and they haven't picked up on this yet:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67A0YU20100811

NDM-1 makes bacteria highly resistant to almost all antibiotics, including the most powerful class called carbapenems. Experts say there are no new drugs on the horizon to tackle it.

I suppose people have been so used to antiboitics they have no idea what a problem it used to be.

I have a bit more awareness as my dad had his entire leg amputated when he was 2 - before there were antibiotics. See, wasn't that long ago either.

He tripped up like little kids do, scraped his knee and voila next thing he had an infection, and then he had gangrene.

Think about:
Minor cuts
Appendicitis
Pneumonia
TB
and so on..........

davidmmac
22-08-2010, 10:56 AM
It's amazing how long the list is of things that want to kill you...

Metla
22-08-2010, 11:11 AM
More scare-mongering.

They interviewed one of the leading experts on antibiotics just a few days back, and what she said was...

There are a number of existing anti-biotics that can effectively treat that strain, and they have been used numerous times to do so, they are just out of favor with the medical establishment due to....age. Other items get all the promotion.

A number of existing anti-botics can be modified so they do treat NDM-1.

The drug companies are trying to force a situation where there Research and development is paid for by the Governments, that means the tax-payers. The people get to pay them to deveop it, then pay for the drugs themselves. The worst part of that is the argument for expensive drugs is the cost of R&D.

They can develop the new drugs, They simply want to scare the **** out of people to maximise profits.

R2x1
22-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, even if you leave the Government out, there are far too many hazards.

angry
22-08-2010, 11:22 AM
All the fuss over bird flus and other non-events and they haven't picked up on this yet:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67A0YU20100811

NDM-1 makes bacteria highly resistant to almost all antibiotics, including the most powerful class called carbapenems. Experts say there are no new drugs on the horizon to tackle it.

I suppose people have been so used to antiboitics they have no idea what a problem it used to be.

I have a bit more awareness as my dad had his entire leg amputated when he was 2 - before there were antibiotics. See, wasn't that long ago either.

He tripped up like little kids do, scraped his knee and voila next thing he had an infection, and then he had gangrene.

Think about:
Minor cuts
Appendicitis
Pneumonia
TB
and so on..........

this is part of the developing mri issue.

you dont need to go to india, just go to middlemore hospital in auckland among others in this country, where they have been sampleing all admitted patients before they leave to see if they have given them an MRI.

since at least 2002.

Cicero
22-08-2010, 02:03 PM
I am beginning to think my mate is right,most corporates arescum.

gary67
22-08-2010, 04:52 PM
More scare-mongering.

They interviewed one of the leading experts on antibiotics just a few days back, and what she said was...

There are a number of existing anti-biotics that can effectively treat that strain, and they have been used numerous times to do so, they are just out of favor with the medical establishment due to....age. Other items get all the promotion.

A number of existing anti-botics can be modified so they do treat NDM-1.

The drug companies are trying to force a situation where there Research and development is paid for by the Governments, that means the tax-payers. The people get to pay them to deveop it, then pay for the drugs themselves. The worst part of that is the argument for expensive drugs is the cost of R&D.

They can develop the new drugs, They simply want to scare the **** out of people to maximise profits.

Not sure if it's the same here, but in England R&D for the drug companies is not taxed. I used to crew a sail boat for a guy that worked in R&D for Phizer so I guess he knew about that

Cicero
22-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Not sure if it's the same here, but in England R&D for the drug companies is not taxed. I used to crew a sail boat for a guy that worked in R&D for Phizer so I guess he knew about that

I've danced with a girl who's danced with a boy, who's danced with the Princess of Wales !

pctek
22-08-2010, 06:18 PM
this is part of the developing mri issue.

Here's some more on it:
http://malayalidoc.blogspot.com/2010/08/superbug-scare-myths-and-facts.html

What has MRI's got to do with it?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (NMRI), is primarily a noninvasive medical imaging technique used in radiology to visualize detailed internal structure and limited function of the body.

Or do you mean MRSA?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans. It may also be called multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (ORSA).

MRSA is old news - there were still a few things to kill it. But they are becoming scarcer....

SP8's
22-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Geeze you guys .... I'm starting to feel bloody crook .... think I'd better take a sick day tomorrow :thumbs:

angry
22-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Here's some more on it:
http://malayalidoc.blogspot.com/2010/08/superbug-scare-myths-and-facts.html

What has MRI's got to do with it?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (NMRI), is primarily a noninvasive medical imaging technique used in radiology to visualize detailed internal structure and limited function of the body.

Or do you mean MRSA?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans. It may also be called multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (ORSA).

MRSA is old news - there were still a few things to kill it. But they are becoming scarcer....

Medically Resitant Infection.

Generic term for all the revolving antibiotic resistant bugs that come and go, including mrsa.

The as yet undeveloper "Super MRI" will come from the tropicall belt either: india, indonesia, or africa in about that order.

hopefully it will not be able to survive or transmitt outside the tropical belt.

Jen
22-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Medically Resitant Infection.

Generic term for all the revolving antibiotic resistant bugs that come and go, including mrsa.

The as yet undeveloper "Super MRI" will come from the tropicall belt either: india, indonesia, or africa in about that order.

hopefully it will not be able to survive or transmitt outside the tropical belt.Think you are making up stuff here.

MRO = Multiple Resistant Organism.

MRI is not a generic term for resistant bugs.

Human disease causing bacteria like the human internal temperature to grow in. Does not matter if you are in the tropics or sitting on an iceberg. If you are alive, you are the right temperature.

The MROs develop when antibiotics are handed out like candy or are available from your local corner store, or when people fail to take complete course of antibiotics. You can also catch them from other people, especially in hospitals.

angry
22-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Think you are making up stuff here.

MRO = Multiple Resistant Organism.

MRI is not a generic term for resistant bugs.

Human disease causing bacteria like the human internal temperature to grow in. Does not matter if you are in the tropics or sitting on an iceberg. If you are alive, you are the right temperature.

The MROs develop when antibiotics are handed out like candy or are available from your local corner store, or when people fail to take complete course of antibiotics. You can also catch them from other people, especially in hospitals.

reichfurer

thats the term they used for it, when i asked them what they were testing for in middlemore.

MRI is used as a generic term for medication reistant infections.

just because you and Heinrich are not aware of it, does not mean it does not exist.

further.

various disease WILL ONLY breed and infect in the tropical belt.

Malaria for instance.

The results of the infection will develop outside the tropicall belt.

the same as flu germs do not breed or reinfect in extreme cold.

You may make thing up and post them, However I object to being jugged by your biased low standards.

Jen
22-08-2010, 08:48 PM
reichfurer

thats the term they used for it, when i asked them what they were testing for in middlemore.

just because you and Heinrich are not aware of it, does not mean it does not exist.

further.

Malaria for instance.

The results of the infection will develop outside the tropicall belt.

the same as flu germs do not breed or reinfect in extreme cold.

You may make thing up and post them, However I object to being jugged by your biased low standards.Malaria is a parasite, not a bacteria. Parasites can live in other hosts, and those hosts for example insects, only live in certain areas.

Call me reichfurer again, and I will remove you from this forum.

xyz823
22-08-2010, 08:51 PM

:ban

ubergeek85
22-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Popcorn... OH GOD WHERE IS THE POPCORN?!?!

qazwsxokmijn
22-08-2010, 09:03 PM

Malaria for instance.
That's usually because the vessel upon which the diseases are harbored on cannot survive in the North and South Hemisphere....and because the N&S Hemispheres are richer than tropical countries and can afford effective eradication/prevention of disease-harboring insects.

P.S.: what's a reichfur?

ubergeek85
22-08-2010, 09:07 PM
P.S.: what's a reichfur?

It's a Hitler reference. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%BChrer

nofam
22-08-2010, 09:26 PM
reichfurer

You may make thing up and post them, However I object to being jugged by your biased low standards.

Tilting at windmills much? :rolleyes:

angry
22-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Malaria is a parasite, not a bacteria. Parasites can live in other hosts, and those hosts for example insects, only live in certain areas.

You are biased malicious and vindictive, you always have been, the term of address is apt.

There is one set of rules for you and your pets, another for the rest and more stringent ones for those you don’t like.

You dare to suggest that I would knowingly post falsehoods again and you and Fairfax will be dealing with my lawyers.

angry
22-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Malaria is a parasite, not a bacteria. Parasites can live in other hosts, and those hosts for example insects, only live in certain areas.

same principle applies hair splitting mengele

SP8's
22-08-2010, 09:53 PM
OK ... the end is nigh ... question is for whom .... Angry or Jen .... anyone know what odds the TAB are at ??? :devil

ubergeek85
22-08-2010, 09:57 PM
same principle applies hair splitting mengele

Sorry to point this out, but medical science is quite specific, because it has to be. Not hair-splitting.

I'm off to the TAB. I'll win, but it'll probably only pay an extra cent on the dollar.

qazwsxokmijn
22-08-2010, 10:00 PM
You dare to suggest that I would knowingly post falsehoods again and you and Fairfax will be dealing with my lawyers.
Jesus take a bloody chill pill will you.

xyz823
22-08-2010, 10:13 PM

:)

Snorkbox
22-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Angry. I would suggest you either stop the medication you are on or start re using if you stopped.

drb1
22-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Angry. I would suggest you either stop the medication you are on or start re using if you stopped.

she posted as a mod, not as a member.

she cant say that as a mod

ubergeek85
22-08-2010, 11:16 PM

she cant say that as a mod

I'm pretty sure she can, because she has.

Your argument is rendered invalid.

Jen
22-08-2010, 11:20 PM

she cant say that as a modI see you remembered your other account login details angry. A ban is a ban. This does not mean you can log back on under a different user account.

This account has been given the same ban as your 'angry' account.

johcar
23-08-2010, 09:13 AM
There was never a forum member with a more appropriate username.

And most ironic that he met his demise in a thread where the subject line was "The End is Nigh".

(Jen - I'm sure there are many members here who would contribute to your legal costs should angry's empty threats come to anything :))

kenj
23-08-2010, 10:21 AM
The ban was not like the "old age truck" that sneaks up quietly on all of us Jen..... This ban had sirens, flashing lights and whistles going for a while.

Good on you

Ken :thumbs:

prefect
23-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Lol call a moderator a reichfuhrer then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele.
If that is not asking for a megaban I am not sure what is.

The Error Guy
23-08-2010, 03:34 PM
(The following should be read in a stoned stoner or charlie the unicorn voice... out loud)

Oh duuuude!!! its bird flu man... we are all gonna die!!!!!!1

2 weeks later: Dude what happened to the bird flu?

Oh duuuuuuuude! its swine flu. we're totally screwed man. we're all gonna die!!!!

2 weeks later" Say, what happened to the swine flu.

Wholly flying dingbats man, its A new superbug from India could spread around the world -- in part because of medical tourism -- and scientists say there are almost no drugs to treat it virus man. were totally abolished back to the dark ages with angry. ohhh nooo!
(Reports now show that swine flu was prevented from entering NZ until our dorm used it to make biological weapons rendering 1/3 of us unable to go to school (WIN!) but now we're dieing (LOSE!))

Cicero
23-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Lol call a moderator a reichfuhrer then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele.
If that is not asking for a megaban I am not sure what is.

Is he the full quid?

peter2
23-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I see you remembered your other account login details angry. A ban is a ban. This does not mean you can log back on under a different user account.

Now let us look at this objectively.

A moderator post and seriously insults a member.

The member replies in kind.

The moderator then bans said member for repaying an insult with an insult.

That is not moderation.

It is in fact a gross abuse of the moderator’s powers by the moderator.

Thus creating an environment of injustice and tyranny.

Considering the above the fascist insinuation is apt.

peter2
23-08-2010, 06:24 PM
(The following should be read in a stoned stoner or charlie the unicorn voice... out loud)

Oh duuuude!!! its bird flu man... we are all gonna die!!!!!!1

2 weeks later: Dude what happened to the bird flu?

Oh duuuuuuuude! its swine flu. we're totally screwed man. we're all gonna die!!!!

2 weeks later" Say, what happened to the swine flu.

Wholly flying dingbats man, its A new superbug from India could spread around the world -- in part because of medical tourism -- and scientists say there are almost no drugs to treat it virus man. were totally abolished back to the dark ages with angry. ohhh nooo!
(Reports now show that swine flu was prevented from entering NZ until our dorm used it to make biological weapons rendering 1/3 of us unable to go to school (WIN!) but now we're dieing (LOSE!))

Silly old fart laughed, likes well written humor.

ubergeek85
23-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Now let us look at this objectively.

A moderator post and seriously insults a member.

The member replies in kind.

The moderator then bans said member for repaying an insult with an insult.

That is not moderation.

It is in fact a gross abuse of the moderator’s powers by the moderator.

Thus creating an environment of injustice and tyranny.

Considering the above the fascist insinuation is apt.

Consider this; the member was talking out their ass. The moderator implied that they were incorrect. Instead of offering any evidence to counter this, the member has gravely insulted the moderator.

BTW, you're not fooling anyone with the new account.

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 07:03 PM
The double standards on this forum have, for some time concerned me.
I feel that some members enjoy considerable leeway in the posts they make.
Others not so much, perhaps Mr Angry had a kernel of truth in some of his accusations?

Just Saying, don't shoot the messenger!

plod
23-08-2010, 07:25 PM
The double standards on this forum have, for some time concerned me.
I feel that some members enjoy considerable leeway in the posts they make.
Others not so much, perhaps Mr Angry had a kernel of truth in some of his accusations?

Just Saying, don't shoot the messenger!
I will go with that

Cicero
23-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I will go with that

No argument about it!

prefect
23-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Unless it was an SS or Nazi Forum if you call a moderator on any other forum a Reichfuhrer then Mengele you have shot yourself in the foot.
I would be hard pressed to name many human beings worse than Mengele in modern history.
Must be hard being a moderator, if you didnt have them it would turn into a **** fight.

plod
23-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Unless it was an SS or Nazi Forum if you call a moderator on any other forum a Reichfuhrer then Mengele you have shot yourself in the foot.
I would be hard pressed to name many human beings worse than Mengele in modern history.
Must be hard being a moderator, if you didnt have them it would turn into a **** fight.
Good point, but will also say maybe mod's shouldn't mod in a thread their are involved in

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I am not suggesting for a minute that our Mods are Nazis.
That is apparently crossing a line, I do however, wonder
why it is alright for some on here to promote their commercial
interests (you know who you are, Digby)
yet others are accused of spamming.
Also I don't see how it is fair, that some here can use the word ASS in reference to
another member, and get no censure, yet I was BANNED for the same offence!!!

No worries though, I don't take it to heart or anything!! :D

gary67
23-08-2010, 08:07 PM
I find our mos to be fair and pretty much even handed, however just like us they are human and therefore do make the odd slip up now and again. I'm happy with the level of moderation on here, I have had the odd ban for flaming in the past so i'm certainly not immune from their wrath if they feel I have done wrong

jareemon
23-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I like it when mods ban people :)

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I prefer when people stand up for what is right.

jareemon
23-08-2010, 08:36 PM
the mods arent bots, theyre not perfect, theyre not always online, but they do their best to judge each situation individually. and in this situation, i fully agree with jans desicion to ban angry because disrespecting a mod is unacceptable.

jareemon
23-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I am not suggesting for a minute that our Mods are Nazis.
That is apparently crossing a line, I do however, wonder
why it is alright for some on here to promote their commercial
interests (you know who you are, Digby)
yet others are accused of spamming.
Also I don't see how it is fair, that some here can use the word ASS in reference to
another member, and get no censure, yet I was BANNED for the same offence!!!

No worries though, I don't take it to heart or anything!! :D
Jan wasnt simply called a nazi (that also wouldve been unnacceptable) she was referred to as hitler, the leader of the nazis, that is a deep insult, highly disrespectful and it definitly crosses the line as to how someone should voice their opinion. If I called my mum hitler, she would beat the crap out of me.
EDIT: also, there is a line between commercial interests and spam. Spam is unwanted, often annoying. Im sure no one finds digby's commercial message to be spam

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I didn't say it was acceptable to disrespect a Mod, the point I was making is that Mods don't always keep a sense of proportion and what is acceptable for one of their 'PETS' can be a hangable offense for someone else.

plod
23-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Jan wasnt simply called a nazi (that also wouldve been unnacceptable) she was referred to as hitler, the leader of the nazis, that is a deep insult, highly disrespectful and it definitly crosses the line as to how someone should voice their opinion. If I called my mum hitler, she would beat the crap out of me.
EDIT: also, there is a line between commercial interests and spam. Spam is unwanted, often annoying. Im sure no one finds digby's commercial message to be spam
Lets get a few facts straight, its Jen not Jan. Jen maybe not the leader of the nazi's but is the leader here. But much like the nazis, what she says goes, right or wrong. And that is one other reason she should have had another mod(chill) whip out the threat of ban, while she was in a discussion with angry. That way the original comment of comparing Jen to hitler would have never been raised

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, that's where you and I differ on that issue, matey!

ubergeek85
23-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Like it or not, this forum is the property of FairFax Business Media. Jen (and chill) are in charge. This is FFBM's turf, and FFBM makes the rules. May I quote the actual Jan;

Fairfax Business Media reserves the right to ban or remove any member for any reason and without notice or explanation.

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Doesn't make it right, geekster.

ubergeek85
23-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if it's right or not, it's not our say.

Much like life, there is what you want, and what you get.

I think I should stay away from this one now...

The Error Guy
23-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Aw snap. the virus has arrived. its caused people to start fighting among ourselves getting nowhere and removing the life of this thread and all it purpose

(well no actually its jolly amusing. ignore me. carry on.)

I wounder. is this forum a Dictatorship?

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I stand by Jen and her decision.

we give our free time to look after this place and try our best to keep things in balance, for pretty much zero reward. To be honest it's significantly easier to just be a member than a moderator.

Angry, suck it up and get over yourself. Come back before your ban is up and I will personally be contacting your ISP abuse department and have no qualms against taking the matter further should there be any further provocation.

Yes, us mods can at times make mistakes, or not stock perfectly to the rules in black and white. There are many grey areas, but we do the best we can to be objective.

Its a shame some of you take it for granted. We can take constructive criticism, but there is a time and place for it. This thread is not it. If you have something you would like to address with the moderators, please do so, constructively, via PM.

granted it's not the best look for a moderator to be in discussion with some body and then to ban them, however, as I said, I wholeheartedly agree with the decision.

:pf1mobmini:

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 10:14 PM
:xmouth:

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2010, 10:15 PM
ubergeek85, you're right, and at the end of the day, if members don't like the line in the sand where we uphold the rules, then they are free to leave, nobody is obliged to be here. however, as mentioned, us mods would much prefer constructive criticism, when delivered correctly, and not used to fuel an argument.

ubergeek85
23-08-2010, 10:21 PM
ubergeek85, you're right

Seems kind of ironic, the other week or so you banned me for that 'brag here' thread... ha ha.

OK, now I'm leaving this thread.

Edit;

Yes, us mods can at times make mistakes... granted it's not the best look for a moderator to be in discussion with some body and then to ban them

Reminds me of the time you lost it in that telecom thread, about the big fibre project... oh, the lolz... sure, there was no banning, but still...

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Just remember that bannings aren't personal, and they're temporary because we genuinely want people to return

xyz823
23-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if it's right or not, it's not our say.

Much like life, there is what you want, and what you get.

I think I should stay away from this one now...

Fully agree, we use this forum and have to follow the rules and guidelines set out when we registered. If someone has a problem with how these forums are run/moderated they can take it up with the mods personally or leave.

I'm sure angry would have been banned sooner or later anyway, especially the way he was carrying on.

And like ubergeek - Said my piece, I'm out.

KarameaDave
23-08-2010, 10:47 PM
So long as they are evenhandedly applied, no-one should have an issue.

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2010, 10:50 PM
and as I mentioned we try our best, but we are human, not perfect. If you have an issue, PM us and bring it up, in the appropriate manner.

prefect
24-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Nothing like a jolly good banning to make you take stock and sort your **** out.
Most bannings seem to be for personal abuse, its very hard when you see something that grates and you want to call the poster a**** but you just cant.
I have had personal abuse thrown at me by a certain female here, when I mentioned it in following post nothing happened so I know where you are at Dave.

Cicero
24-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Nothing like a jolly good banning to make you take stock and sort your **** out.
Most banning seem to be for personal abuse, its very hard when you see something that grates and you want to call the poster a**** but you just cant.
I have had personal abuse thrown at me by a certain female here, when I mentioned it in following post nothing happened so I know where you are at Dave.

It's unavoidable, power corrupts.

johcar
24-08-2010, 10:02 AM
It's unavoidable, power corrupts.

...and absolute power is even more fun!! :D

I had a similar experience a few months ago on a Forum I moderate. All sorts of wild accusations about the rights to free speech being trampled over, conspiracies, dictatorships etc etc...

In the end, web forums are a public arena and do not moderate themselves. Someone has to wield the whip, and, occasionally, use it. Because, as Chilling_Silence has so rightly pointed out, moderators are human, they are not infallible and cannot be expected to make the right decision 100% of the time (although in my opinion, this particular decision has been brewing for some time).

Moderators, like all people, cannot please everyone all of the time either - that's an axiom for life, not just for forum moderation.

Chilling_Silence
24-08-2010, 10:47 AM
"If you try to please everybody, you'll end up trying to please nobody" --author unknown

It's also worth mentioning that we don't read every single thread, and sometimes even the reported posts go unread. If you have something really serious, then go have a time out for 5-10 minutes, then PM us with the details when you come back. Chances are you'll have cooled off a little, the situation may not seem quite so bad, and we won't have to then deal with a PM saying "BAN THEM NOW!!!" ;)

plod
24-08-2010, 10:54 AM
"If you try to please everybody, you'll end up trying to please nobody" --author unknown

It's also worth mentioning that we don't read every single thread, and sometimes even the reported posts go unread. If you have something really serious, then go have a time out for 5-10 minutes, then PM us with the details when you come back. Chances are you'll have cooled off a little, the situation may not seem quite so bad, and we won't have to then deal with a PM saying "BAN THEM NOW!!!" ;)
Good points, maybe Jen should have taken note of your wisdom instead of coming out guns blazing

Cicero
24-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Good points, maybe Jen should have taken note of your wisdom instead of coming out guns blazing

You must stop hitting the nail on the head.

Chilling_Silence
24-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Potentially, though even us Mods have our bad days.

The ban has been a long time coming though, lets be honest and call a spade a spade ... This was just the final straw ;)

kenj
24-08-2010, 12:40 PM
It was the punctuation and spelling that did it :lol:

Ken

KarameaDave
24-08-2010, 12:41 PM
call a spade a spade
A manually operated earth inversion system? :D

pctek
24-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Right. Now all that is out of the way. back to the bacteria.

The Error Guy
24-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I Thought it was virus? (and not the computer type)

Cicero
24-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Right. Now all that is out of the way. back to the bacteria.

Come uppance is far more interesting!

Metla
24-08-2010, 06:37 PM
The ban has been a long time coming though, lets be honest and call a spade a spade ... This was just the final straw ;)

I thought he was good value :thumbs:

But well played, Busting out the nazi name calling is just begging for the ban stick.

Chilling_Silence
24-08-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought he was good value :thumbs:

He's possibly your biggest competition ... you win on experience ;)

angry
26-08-2010, 01:29 AM
I see you remembered your other account login details angry. A ban is a ban. This does not mean you can log back on under a different user account.

As usual WRONG again.

You exist in the same pot as ubergeek, he assumes as well.

You both need to learn that when you “assume” “you make an ass out of you and me”.

Or in the case of the internet you make an ass out of your self and anyone who concurs with your assumptions.

Those initials mean nothing here in the bum hole of the world, however, Considering the number of bots that roam this site, some of them have to belong to phishers.

Therefore it is not wise to use them here.

The id “can’t remember 2003 login” refers to, is older than “drb1”.

angry
26-08-2010, 01:30 AM
He's possibly your biggest competition ... you win on experience ;)

he cares, i dont.

Chilling_Silence
26-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Wrong again!

1) I told her it was you initially, via PM as we were discussing other things. I happen to know Jen is well respected in her field and knows a lot about what she is talking about. The only ass here is you
2) We have multiple technical instances of proof it was you
3) You're the only person who would be fired up enough to drag up a 5-year old account over the matter

So, it's clear you're still upset, you can take another 48 hours to cool off. Come back when you're ready to be nice

I also know that your internet is either with Vodafone directly (Hope your mail isn't with all their recent issues), or you're with an ISP who resells for them. Consider yourself warned for the final time before I go talk with their abuse department, you're in breach of your Terms & Conditions of use:
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/about/legal-stuff/fixed-and-broadband-terms-conditions.pdf
This is enough, under section 3(j) and 3(l) for action of some form to be taken.

Now, listen closely. We don't want to have to do that. We want you to come back and play nice.

The choice is yours. See you in 48 hours, when you can tell us your decision.

The Error Guy
26-08-2010, 08:52 AM
oh please, is that angry AGAIN?

Cicero
26-08-2010, 09:13 AM
oh please, is that angry AGAIN?

Well he is Angry!

prefect
26-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Ha ha any bets how long before he gets a permaban?

KarameaDave
26-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Gonna run a Sweepstake? (Where is Sweep anyway...or is he you Snorkbox? :-) )

Cicero
26-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Gonna run a Sweepstake? (Where is Sweep anyway...or is he you Snorkbox? :-) )

Karamea mine is no slug.

ubergeek85
26-08-2010, 02:16 PM
The only ass here is you

x2

I take 'within 2 hours of being unbanned' for the permaban.

It sure would be funny if this did go to vodafone!

Chilling_Silence
26-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Funny, perhaps.
Desirable, no.

peter2
27-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Wrong again!

1) I told her it was you initially, via PM as we were discussing other things. I happen to know Jen is well respected in her field and knows a lot about what she is talking about. The only ass here is you
2) We have multiple technical instances of proof it was you
3) You're the only person who would be fired up enough to drag up a 5-year old account over the matter

So, it's clear you're still upset, you can take another 48 hours to cool off. Come back when you're ready to be nice

I also know that your internet is either with Vodafone directly (Hope your mail isn't with all their recent issues), or you're with an ISP who resells for them. Consider yourself warned for the final time before I go talk with their abuse department, you're in breach of your Terms & Conditions of use:
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/about/legal-stuff/fixed-and-broadband-terms-conditions.pdf
This is enough, under section 3(j) and 3(l) for action of some form to be taken.

Now, listen closely. We don't want to have to do that. We want you to come back and play nice.

The choice is yours. See you in 48 hours, when you can tell us your decision.

Mate,

YOU need to take some advice from the first 5 letters of your handle.

When you have done that, read what this dill says in Post # 37 paying attention to the words “new account”.

Then read what these bloke’s say in Post #.107 and 108 (in thread Some welfare stats) because of the dill’s incorrect assumptions

Then read what me mate says in post # 78 carefully.

He states that the login “drb1” is his, he state’s why he no longer uses it, and he states why your moderator mate’s assumption are wrong.

After you’ve read all of that, have a 4x or two, and reflect on it all, and what you wrote in the above quote.

You can then:

Abuse your authority as a mod and edit your post.

Post a correction (which is what you should do).

Do nothing apart from listen to the gurgling sounds, as your right to any degree of respect along with your credibility slips away to where your mod mate’s went years ago.

It looks to me very much like you are raising a lot of hot air because you don’t want to deal with the real issue which is.

You have a moderator who posts and seriously insults members and then moderates the thread they have posted in.

This was done in the light of day, you have to take corrective action, in the light of day.

Weather this action is merly publicly instituting policies to ensure that such things never happen again, or firmer action to ensure that it is not possibly for that moderator ever to do such again, is up to you.

Shooting the messenger or messengers is not the answer.

Neither is attempting to illicit respect with force.

Your credibility is at stake here.

I only bother to come here because like me mate I hate abuse of authority and injustice.

I would be perfectly happy for you to permanently ban both of his logins. Then perhaps he would stop wasting time in this garbage forum and get on with his work. But that wouldn’t be just as he has done nothing to deserve such.

Great eyes on the cat mate.

Snorkbox
27-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Try re-reading the terms and conditions you signed when creating your account(s).

You can be banned at any time for any reason by any moderator. You do not have an automatic right of free speech and this Forum is not assumed to be a democracy.

If you do not like it that's tough luck.

Chilling_Silence
27-08-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't mind if my credibility is at stake here, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Again, you've not actually read any of the posts I wrote here. I said if you have issues, deal with it via PM. Unfortunately your accounts are now all out the door for another 3 days, starting this morning, until you learn.

You're not the only one who would be happy for perma-bans, I've had multiple PM requests to perma-ban you. Now I don't care that you've gone and used some other Xtra connection to sign in as peter2, you're still banned.

Go:
1) Think about what you've actually done
2) Re-read the rules of the forum
3) Re-read what I've actually written in this thread
4) Repeat step 1 again
Then, when you can play nice, you can come back. Simple.

Again, if anybody here has any issues with the way this is being handled, any issues at all with me personally, then please be my guest and tell me. All I ask is that you do so, in a respectful manner (Clearly something that angry / peter2 / drb1 does not have in mind) and PM me so it can be discussed between us, and I can offer a chance to resolve anything.

If you hate the abuse of authority and injustice, then stop playing the innocent little forum member who turns on the waterworks every time things go sour, stop abusing the other forum members, and grow up!

It's been said once, and I'll say it again: We can't be everywhere at once.

pctek
27-08-2010, 07:18 AM
You're not the only one who would be happy for perma-bans, I've had multiple PM requests to perma-ban you.

Ban them all.

Metla
27-08-2010, 12:27 PM
LMFAO.

This is awesome.

Seriously, is anyone fooled?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

GameJunkie
27-08-2010, 12:35 PM
enjoyable thread :lol:

Chilling_Silence
27-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Worth the read to lighten your friday afternoon ;)

qazwsxokmijn
27-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Angry and his alter ego Peter are bloody drama queens. Jesus, why take the internet so damn seriously? Boo-****ing-hoo.

GameJunkie
27-08-2010, 03:42 PM
i wonder how many accounts he has or has tried to register.

hmmmmmm..

KarameaDave
27-08-2010, 04:04 PM
i wonder how many accounts he has or has tried to register.

hmmmmmm..Yes...perhaps you are all angry!!:eek::stare::lol:

Gobe1
27-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Worth the read to lighten your friday afternoon ;)

Nice idea
Poets day :cool:

GameJunkie
27-08-2010, 04:09 PM
how did you know????
:eek:
was it my :devil posting??

xyz823
27-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Made my day reading these posts, brilliant!! :D

johcar
27-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Try re-reading the terms and conditions you signed when creating your account(s).

You can be banned at any time for any reason by any moderator. You do not have an automatic right of free speech and this Forum is not assumed to be a democracy.

If you do not like it that's tough luck.

+1

ubergeek85
27-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Mate,

..........................................._______ _
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

if anybody here has any issues with the way this is being handled,

Nope, I think you're doing a good job.

any issues at all with me personally

Aw hell naw bro!

I'm slightly worried that if the corporates at FFBM see this, it might be misconstrued, and they might pull the plug on PF1. Then what would we do?! Geekzone? Pass, I'm not a fan. nzdtv? Hmmm, maybe. Trademe forums? Yeah right!

Can't think of any other forums, come to think of it. ChatF1 might end up as the watering hole, but then again, the logins depend on PF1, so that's kind of out the window isn't it!

gary67
27-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I already manage one google group for friends in Nelson called I'm bored lets go do something. So we could set one up called the Dregs of PF1 or something

Metla
27-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Its been done already,more then once.

In fact back in the day the board would go down so often we had an alternate forum setup just for those events.

I could swear there was more of us back then....

R2x1
28-08-2010, 11:37 AM
We had fridge threads then.
And WMG too, who managed to be a crowd on his own.

Chilling_Silence
28-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't ever remember WMG threatening legal action, but he was probably a bit more entertaining ...

prefect
28-08-2010, 11:52 AM
One thing I have learned over the years is when someone says I will put my lawyer(S) yes plural onto you I know they are bull*******. One lawyer is going to cost an arm and a leg lol imagine two or more!
Although I always say this as well :
Haha I have got no money, no assets the bank owns everything you can sue all you want you cant get blood out of a stone.

angry
30-08-2010, 05:30 PM
One thing I have learned over the years is when someone says I will put my lawyer(S) yes plural onto you I know they are bull*******. One lawyer is going to cost an arm and a leg lol imagine two or more!
Although I always say this as well :
Haha I have got no money, no assets the bank owns everything you can sue all you want you cant get blood out of a stone.

http://daemon-tools.en.softonic.com/

WRONG o slave of a dog.

We have 2 members of the bar in our extended family, 1 who graduated llb hons from akl law schl. Soon there will be a third.

All have received considerable financial support from me whilst students.

Like so many here you make wild incorrect assumptions.

Gppd sun good breeze catching this afternboons ebb.

GameJunkie
30-08-2010, 05:35 PM
get over yourself mate.

your not making any friends here

peter2
30-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't mind if my credibility is at stake here, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Again, you've not actually read any of the posts I wrote here. I said if you have issues, deal with it via PM. Unfortunately your accounts are now all out the door for another 3 days, starting this morning, until you learn.

You're not the only one who would be happy for perma-bans, I've had multiple PM requests to perma-ban you. Now I don't care that you've gone and used some other Xtra connection to sign in as peter2, you're still banned.

Go:
1) Think about what you've actually done
2) Re-read the rules of the forum
3) Re-read what I've actually written in this thread
4) Repeat step 1 again
Then, when you can play nice, you can come back. Simple.

Again, if anybody here has any issues with the way this is being handled, any issues at all with me personally, then please be my guest and tell me. All I ask is that you do so, in a respectful manner (Clearly something that angry / peter2 / drb1 does not have in mind) and PM me so it can be discussed between us, and I can offer a chance to resolve anything.

If you hate the abuse of authority and injustice, then stop playing the innocent little forum member who turns on the waterworks every time things go sour, stop abusing the other forum members, and grow up!

It's been said once, and I'll say it again: We can't be everywhere at once.

I posted my thread before I read this.

Dear dear me you do have you fur in a tangle don’t you. Clearly you don’t have what it takes to deal with the real issue, which is your mod mate’s unacceptable behavior.

Whose boo hooing?

This garbage forum is owned by Fairfax. They own that rippoff site trademe as well. Most of the FIFO boys are big internet shoppers. Most of them have blacked tradme because the goods frequently don’t turn up or are not as described.

Trademe have some interesting policies.

1 When there is a problem brush it under the mat, then jump on it and say “what problem we see no such”.

2 When they make one of their frequent mistakes. Brush it under the mat, then jump on it make a big noise quote lots of rules and shout “we are right” many times loudly.

3 When they are correctly criticized. Ban anybody who criticizes them or shows that they are wrong.

Young boy like you should have been taught better than to copy bad policies like those.

This issue won’t go away when I do after my boat trip.

It will fester on and the puss will pollute you environment until you deal with your mod mate and the problems she has cause.

In the light of day, not hidden behind closed doors where you can simply brush them under the mat and shout “fixed”.

You position is “I recommended her for the job there is nothing wrong with the way she moderates” time you reviewed it.

P.S.

Better get your new missus to check for any yellow hairs developing in your spinal region too.

Metla
30-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Stop being a spaz, Call in the dogs or ****.

Cicero
30-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Pity he doesn't have doctors in his extended family.

ubergeek85
30-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Whose boo hooing?

You, dick. You sound like my ex gf, no logic, just yelling and insults when she/you doesn't get their way.

In the light of day, not hidden behind closed doors where you can simply brush them under the mat and shout “fixed”.

I see nothing broken. What I do see, is one person, refusing to accept the fact that they have been put in the naughty corner. With all due respect, I find your continued lack of understanding of 'private ownership', and spelling, to be quite frightening. Do go on your boat trip. Please, do not come back.

Metla
30-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I wonder if he will get the dogs onto me if I call him a nutjob.

Lmao.

hey Nutjob, You suck.

Snorkbox
30-08-2010, 06:50 PM
The lack of a decent mental health department is to blame I feel.

Cicero
30-08-2010, 07:09 PM
The lack of a decent mental health department is to blame I feel.

By cripes,you are onto it,

gary67
30-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Angry Peter2 just start taking the medicine again. Your not funny or clever and everyone is bored with your tiresome attitude. If I didn't know better I would say you were a spoilt teenager yet they have more smarts than you show. Take your boat and go somewhere warm like the gulf of Aden or maybe the coast of Somalia, I hear they want lunatics there to join them as ship hijackers