PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Canoscan Lide 100 scanner

R.M.
21-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Some of you will remember that I upgraded my 'puter last weekend to a new machine with OS of Windows 7 64 bit Professional. All WAS going well, but today my scanner spopped going.

I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Looked for appropriate upgraded software on the net and installed - all to no avail! It DOES make hopeful noises from time to time, but the gold standard scan is not happening. :(

Suggestions or ideas for 'a fix' would be appreciated! :)

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Did you unplug the scanner. BEFORE you reinstalled the drivers?? If you install the drivers while its plugged in and on, it wont work properly

R.M.
21-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Mmm - think I did. Will try again....

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2010, 03:35 PM
It'll tell you when to plug it in and turn it on during the install. If you didnt see this before, you probably installed the drivers while it was plugged in and turned on

R.M.
21-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Did you unplug the scanner. BEFORE you reinstalled the drivers?? If you install the drivers while its plugged in and on, it wont work properly

You're right! I'm back in business again (at least with that). Ta.

Most things are functional - just still the odd quirk to work on... :)

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Sweet ! With most (USB) printers and scanners. You have to remember NOT to plug it in until the install says to plug it in, and turn it on. Then the install will continue installing the drivers

Snorkbox
21-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Agreed. Do not be in too much of a hurry to plug the device in when it comes to USB.