PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator 9 ClipArt Query

06-09-2001, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys, Yes its me again, Right I have searched for the answer before coming here and someone out there really needs to put me out of my misery yet again. I am using Illustrator 9 for logo designs and I want to know what I hope is a sensible and hopefully answerable question. How do you add clipart or insert pictures from file to my design I am creating? or can I? or cut and paste a picture from file I have tryed but to no avail I already opened a new page up with a clipart file but I would like to add another one, if its not possible with this software please let me know as I could open up Photoshop6 and transfer my logo over there to try it. If it is possible in Illustrator I would love the details on how. I appreciate any advice or any Website addy that can take me to tips and tricks on Illustrator as I find the help and manual to be spoken in Hebrew (might as well be) most of the time or should I quit while I'm ahead and put my purchase down to bad investment!!!!!

06-09-2001, 05:56 PM
Hi Michelle,

Well I don't have much experience with illustrator but I do some design work too - I use freehand 9 and paintshop pro 7.

But as I know it illustrator is a very powerfull design program and you should be able to achieve what you want to do.

Have you tried using import to bring the file in? as I use that alot in freehand.
Import should be in the file dropdown menu.

07-09-2001, 11:16 AM
Sorry can't help

10-09-2001, 08:05 PM
Thanks m r

I found mine under file drop down menu as well but it was called 'place' like I should have known that!!!!! I think I might just have to change over to freehand, sounds alot more user friendly. Thanks for your help, really appreciated it :o)