PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 - My Documents

Digby
20-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi Guys
Just getting to grips with Windows 7.

I have a physical D drive on which I want to store all of my data.
I want to make My Documents link to my D drive.

I am trying to understand the new Libraries feature.
Under Libraries/Documents I have a Public Documents folder.
I seem to have lost My Documents folder.

Can I manually add a My Documents folder ?

Is there any info out there on this subject ?

wainuitech
20-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Happy reading instructions Here (http://www.w7forums.com/change-location-my-documents-folder-t338.html)

mzee
25-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Windows 7 will change the name of the destination folder to My Documents.

Yanni3
25-08-2010, 11:59 PM
well you must rename your document and then save them.....

DUNK
26-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Happy reading instructions Here (http://www.w7forums.com/change-location-my-documents-folder-t338.html)

Ye Gods.... Read that.... Yet another reason for this Old Fart to stay with XP. SP3. (In classic mode, even) for as long as he can. Mind you, have only recently given up Win2K !! :crying :blush:

Agent_24
26-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Ye Gods.... Read that.... Yet another reason for this Old Fart to stay with XP. SP3. (In classic mode, even) for as long as he can. Mind you, have only recently given up Win2K !! :crying :blush:

I agree XP is much more sensible but what is so bad about those instructions? They seem very clear and simple to me...

pctek
26-08-2010, 09:34 AM
All I did was went to username/documents. Selected the Documents folder and CUT, then went to D: and PASTED.
It's now on D:, Windows updated all it's references, reg entries and so on. Just the same as it was in XP.

Agent_24
26-08-2010, 12:56 PM
All I did was went to username/documents. Selected the Documents folder and CUT, then went to D: and PASTED.
It's now on D:, Windows updated all it's references, reg entries and so on. Just the same as it was in XP.

I'm surprised that actually worked.

Whenever I've done things like that in the past, Windows has not liked me...