PDA

View Full Version : need a vista install disk

nedkelly
16-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey I am looking for some way to get a vista install disk so I can reinstall my laptop I bought off a mate when he moved to Aus.
I have a legal cd key that is yet be used from Microsoft.

Deimos
16-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Are you in Auckland? I can download the iso off technet for you, but I don't think I can get an OEM disk, technet isos are retail only.

nedkelly
16-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Yes I am in Auckland. If you could it would be so good. And if people are wondering yes I do actually have a legal key from Microsoft for completing MCITP.

Speedy Gonzales
16-08-2010, 05:55 PM
What version of vista is the key for?

nedkelly
16-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Business non sp1

wainuitech
16-08-2010, 06:12 PM
The Vista DVD comes with all versions, the key determines the version thats installed, apart from if its a OEM Key then you need a OEM DVD.

Deimos
16-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Service pack level makes no difference, as long as it is a retail key.
Send me a PM, let me know if you want to pick up or what ever...

nedkelly
16-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Well what kind of keys would microsoft give out to MCITP students?
Is there any way to check what kind of key it is?

Deimos
16-08-2010, 06:16 PM
The Vista DVD comes with all versions, the key determines the version thats installed, apart from if its a OEM Key then you need a OEM DVD.

Thats not quite correct.

The latest Vista isos are coded with a version but you can remove the coding to enable installation of any version, also, the key doesn't define what version is installed, you need to ensure you choose the correct version for your key.

wainuitech
16-08-2010, 07:11 PM
but you can remove the coding to enable installation of any version Sure you can, you can do it with W7 as well, but from a normal DVD you cant.

the key doesn't define what version is installed, you need to ensure you choose the correct version for your key. Bull Sh1t -- If you install vista and DONT enter a key you have the option to select what ever version you want - but of course you have to have the correct key for the version you select to activate.

If you want PROOF-- look at this (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/P1010087_(Large).JPG) - Also read the top line. ALL versions of Vista on the one DVD.