PDA

View Full Version : Vodaphone and 2 degrees mobile nett sw??

angry
14-08-2010, 03:10 PM
does any body know if two degrees and vodaphone mobile internett Sws will install and run on the same os although not simultaneosly.

or will they clash like roxio and nero ( possibly propritory built in) for example.

Rgds.

GameJunkie
14-08-2010, 03:48 PM
what?

angry
14-08-2010, 04:10 PM
what?

vodaphone use's "vodaphone mobile connect" s ware to connect the vodaphone mobile usb mobile modem to the internett.

2 degrees now have a simular usb mobile internett system.

it will haved its own propriatory s ware to connect the 2 degrees usb mobile modem to the internett.

if you attept to install both types of sw/applications on 1 op system, and only use 1 at a time after they are installed

will they both install and function properly (like internett explorer and firefox, which will run simoultsneously)

or will they conflict like nero and roxio each demanding that the other be removed. (which is probably nothing but a built in propriatory conflict.)

Speedy Gonzales
14-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Ring them

GameJunkie
14-08-2010, 04:17 PM
proper grammar please......

The Error Guy
14-08-2010, 04:18 PM
[EDIT: Leaving a reply unfinished always fails.]

I don't think they would clash but since 2deg runs on the voda network their could be problems. if you have a VM (virtual Machine) install both and see how they go. if not install them both normally and see how it goes

angry
14-08-2010, 04:19 PM
proper grammar please......

get a dog

angry
14-08-2010, 04:29 PM
angrys asking if they can install both 2 degrees Internet management and vodaphones internet management on the same computer without them causing problems although they won't be running simultaneously.

I don't think they would clash but since 2deg runs on the voda network their could be problems. if you have a VM (virtual Machine) install both and see how they go. if not install them both normally and see how it goes

Thank you.

will vm ware for vista or 7 see the usb mobile modem drives ( XP Virtual machine does not)?

Logically they should both install and run as individuall apps (NOt simoultaneously as they will logically share some drivers and other resources) but knowing kiwi anticompetitive practices, it would not surprise me if vodaphone have installed a propritary refusall ( like nero and roxio)

I was wondering if anybody had done it yet, otherwise i shall have to go to DSE :yuck::yuck::yuck: their sales agent, and see if I can try to install and run one instore because they (DSE) will not know.

:)

GameJunkie
14-08-2010, 04:52 PM
get a dog

that's supposed to be insulting how???

angry
15-08-2010, 08:34 AM
that's supposed to be insulting how???

not insulting, just someting for you to do.

If you cant complete the rest of the instruction, you are merley showing your ignorance.

The Error Guy
15-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Good luck, post back with the results. not sure if they would show up in VM. maybe try adding manually in device manager

angry
15-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Good luck, post back with the results. not sure if they would show up in VM. maybe try adding manually in device manager

yes, I have a spare sata drive somwhere with a sacrificial copy of 7 on it, i will try it in one of my spare hp's :yuck: later.

when i get to the bottom of it I will post results as such kn is usefull.

nedkelly
15-08-2010, 09:46 AM
2 Degrees uses their own 3G network but can use Vodafone's networks for roaming.
I am currently typing this message using my 2degrees phone connected to pc via usb on 2Degrees 3g network and its quite good

angry
15-08-2010, 10:18 AM
2 Degrees uses their own 3G network but can use Vodafone's networks for roaming.
I am currently typing this message using my 2degrees phone connected to pc via usb on 2Degrees 3g network and its quite good

yes i wish to change to them, but i have a year to run on my Vodaphone contract, it was the best deal at the time i got it.

I was looking at running both and usng 2 degrees instead of vodaphone data insurance if i go over my cap, to start with.

but i wonder if the swares will clash/conflict, or have a propriatary built in conflict.

nedkelly
15-08-2010, 11:22 AM
im just using the included software with Windows and a driver for my phone, it has a shortcut to connect in network connections