PDA

View Full Version : Cannot send mail using Outlook 98

05-09-2001, 09:23 AM
I have Outlook98 installed on a Win95B machine running an external Dynalink 33.6 modem (actually branded as 1428VQE but with a 33.6 sticker on it - probably an early upgraded model).

I can receive mail via Outlook(including messages with attachments) but cannot send - even a plain text message.

I've tried everything to trouble-shoot the problem: removed Outlook and Office97 then reinstalled, shifted the Modem from Com 1 to Com 2 (this actually helped, as on Com 1 I couldn't even connect to the Internet), reinstalled the Modem software countless times (although I'm not convinced I've got the right driver for the beast) and checked my SMTP settings for each account.

Any suggestions?

05-09-2001, 09:49 AM
Hi. is this a recent problem? Who is your ISP? Mine has been having some smtp issues over the last few days, which have caused intermittent problems when trying to send. Seems fine now, so if this is potentially your problem suggest you keep trying without making too many radical changes to your settings.

06-09-2001, 10:38 AM
My ISP is IHUG, and no, this isn't a recent problem (it has been ongoing for at least a year, but it takes me a while to give up on my own solutions).

I have seen similar comments about IHUG in the past, but probably can't blame them as I have no trouble accessing the Internet from another computer at home (new PC, 56K modem).