PDA

View Full Version : Lucky us :(

beetle
11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
all 3 in our house have influenza..............(swine flu, we have no complications so can stay home)

all have major fluctuating temps and feel like death warmed up......

school says not i did you get this from, sigh, i dont care where we got it from, im telling you we have it and thats we absent......... how much of that one dont you understand?

and the doc says.........stay home, so who gets to go shopping for us? who wants to come in contact with us? sigh.

we have had to do some visits to supermarkets and chemists...... and a petrol station, we were not prepared to be all sick at once...... :(

Lucky for TV's in bedrooms and electric blankets, and the food bill isnt great but the medical costs are to replace that extra saving......... lolol
2 of us are over the worst of it........... 1 is waving on the brink of feeling the full effects........

Be careful people its not nice, it feels like i been run over by a roller........

take care all, ya cant kill beetles that easy.

:)

beetle

KarameaDave
11-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Get well soon, beetle.

stu161204
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Are you sure it’s not the normal cold / flu, that people get this time of year?

Everyone saying that they have swine flu, but I got to wonder if it’s just the normal cold / flu.

Get well soon beetle :)

sarel
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Stu, this year the prevalent strain is the swine flu one so most patients rocking up with flu will have that.

sarel

beetle
11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Trust me Stu, the doctor has confirmed it......... :(

:( its simply no fun to have............ and we dont have it as bad as some i have heard of......

beetle

pctek
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Are you sure itís not the normal cold / flu, that people get this time of year?

Colds and the flu are totally different.

Colds- runny nose, coughs.

Flu - no energy, nasty aches and pains.

wratterus
11-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear Beetle, hope you and the fandamily are feeling better soon!

Trev
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry to here also Beetle. Did you get the flu vaccination.
:)

mikebartnz
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Be careful people its not nice, it feels like i been run over by a roller........
I'm curious as to how you know what that feels like?:devil
Get well soon.:sleep

beetle
11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
The doctor asked me that yesterday about the vaccination........ but i didnt qualify??????? and now i have the bug........ hahahaha pardon the pun. he now thinks maybe i should have had it knowing my proness to being sick with things...lol

and didnt you know beetles are tough we have thick shells and obviously survive being squashed and rollered......:p
oh and the funny thing the doctor said is he thought he heard crackle sounds in my lungs........ ??? surpressed electricory?
but i am feeling better today, my temp has gone below 39C at times so i must be ?

beetle:D

Renmoo
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Colds and the flu are totally different.

Colds- runny nose, coughs.

Flu - no energy, nasty aches and pains.
*pat pat*

And between May to September, Tamiflu can be bought over-the-counter from a pharmacy, but you would have to pay for the full part-charge :(

Cicero
11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Didn't you think to get the flu injection do da?

beetle
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Um i did but as i was not considered high risk i was not eligible for it and i dont have any spare money at the current time......... i am slowly selling off things at the moment to make ends meet, the recession has sorta rocked my boat a bit.......

I have had 2 sick children on and off, work mates who have lost their mums, so i have been stressed and working, but not making more money cos i just pay more tax....... and no help from the kids dad,by time or money..... and am struggling to get my house done on my single budget...........and i dont work full time....... so yeah it was a thought but i dont have a money tree out in the back yard........

so know i just hoped we wouldnt need it.

and the 3 letters in the mail today were all bills.........lol

and i know you dont say it to offend, but everybody circumstances are different.... and maybe yes i shoulda got one and flogged the money from somewhere else and made a bill wait or something? i honestly dont know...

beetle :)

SP8's
11-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Take 2 Aspirin and a bottle of Chardonnay ... call me again in the morning :devil

mikebartnz
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Take 2 Aspirin and a bottle of Chardonnay ... call me again in the morning :devil
I really don't think she would need the aspirin after the bottle of Chardonnay.

Renmoo
11-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Never those two together.

R2x1
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Chocolate therapy is pre-indicated.
The 2 Dragons and I had some kinda virus bug over the weekend, but we were on opposite sides of town and unable to link up due to the excess (>50M ) distance between comfort stops. Apparently the littlest Dragon brought it home from school. Surely anybody working with children is not just at risk, they are assured of every bug in town.

R2x1
11-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Take 2 Aspirin and a bottle of Chardonnay ... call me again in the morning
Never those two together.
There's 3, which 2? Is Aspirin, Chardonnay, Aspirin ok?
How about Chardonnay, Aspirin, Chardonnay?

Let's do some research ;-)

Snorkbox
11-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Beetle. I hope your life picks up for the better sooner rather than later.

ubergeek85
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Sorry beetle, sounds like hell.

Don't get stressed. If you can change something, then don't stress, and change it. If you can't change something, don't stress, because there's nothing you can do about it. Life has its little ups and downs. Fk anyone who bitches at you for not doing it this way or that way.

Erm. Yeah. Get well soon!

goodiesguy
12-08-2010, 12:24 AM
So there is 3 of you? dammit if their was 4 i could have called you the Beetles (yes i know its spelt wrong, but its reflecting the username)

Anyways, get well soon.

I've been of the past 2 days with a sore stomach and a headache. i'm better now with only a slight headache.

I hope i never get swine flu

Gobe1
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
and i know you dont say it to offend, but everybody circumstances are different.... and maybe yes i shoulda got one and flogged the money from somewhere else and made a bill wait or something? i honestly dont know...

beetle :)

And you might have still caught it.... you will never know ...sorry

beetle
13-08-2010, 05:57 PM
feeling better today, its just so tiring and draining.........

and the thing is, we supposed to be not going anywhere and seeing people etc to pass on bug..... and we have had people turn up, door knockers wanting to chat, the plumber just happened to go past and stopped to check shower? and the neighbours popping ova, and someone wanting to test drive vehicles i have for sale........ we never have visitors when we healthy and the house is tidy, they just wait till we zombies and the house is trashed...... :(

sigh...........

but the temp thing is settling....:) the appetite is still not there tho....... everything tastes yuk...

beetle

Greven
13-08-2010, 06:12 PM
There is a very contagious strain of the cold going round Invercargill at the moment. I have it & almost everyone I see at work or in the street has a cold. Not quite swine flu - just an annoyance that everyone works through because everyone else is contagious too.

I tried to sweat it out by going to a few SPIN classes but it is a resilient bugger.

Happy Harry
13-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey there Beetle
Been there, done that
Thirteen days off work, which is a bugger when you're self employed.
Scary thing was I was told not to leave the house and that a doctor would come to me. Doctors don't do house calls unless you're dying!!
It gives one a bit of a start to open the door to a fully gowned and masked doctor, to let you know that this is not something to take lightly.
Keep warm, drink lots and when you come right, you'll soon forget about the nasty time

Keep Smiling

HH