PDA

View Full Version : 5 hour Europe Flight a step closer

Trev
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Here. (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=10664897)
:)

GameJunkie
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
impressive

Snorkbox
10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I hear that the Russians have MIG fighters for sale at a knockdown price. Perhaps we should all buy one? :)

KarameaDave
10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I wish they had them now.
We're off to Europe next month!:banana

WalOne
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Impressive, but hasn't this been bettered already?

Urban myth has it that during WWII Einstein made a battleship disappear and re-appear instantly a mile away from its original position. According to the best conspiracy theorists, the entire crew were then kept quarantined and incommunicado for the rest of their naturals.
:clap

Gobe1
10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Didnt David copperfield do that too, or was it that other magic freak?? name escapes me

Nice plane :)

WalOne
10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Didnt David copperfield do that too, or was it that other magic freak?? name escapes me

Nice plane :)

Working from Einstein’s, officially uncompleted ‘Unified Field Theory’, the U.S. Navy set about making their warships invisible to the enemy by bending light around them using massive magnetic fields. Actually, since light goes in straight lines, what we are really talking about here is bending space (and time if you’re looking at it that way), which is a fairly common occurrence, but one more usually associated with major planets than naval Destroyers.

Eyewitness accounts recall that it was all too successful, with the USS Eldridge disappearing in a haze of green mist whilst being experimented on off the coast of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, during the fall of 1943. More curiously, the same ship was at the same time, reported by passengers on the SS Andrew Furuseth to appear out of nowhere in dock in Norfolk, Virginia, before springing back to its original place in Philadelphia.

It goes on.

Not only did the ship move unexpectedly through space or time, but the poor souls aboard got far more than their money’s worth when the dimensional distortions carried on, for them, even after the magnetic field had been ceased. Sailors apparently regularly ‘froze’ fixed still in time until they snapped out of it or burst into flames, and a local newspaper apparently reported a bar brawl, with the unusual distinction of having the participants become invisible during its course. Indeed there are rumours of sailors aboard suffering the gruesome fate of ending up deposited within and through the metal of the vessel, as if teleported into space already occupied by an object.
This is a quote from a Cambridge University appraisal of the "facts" as reported.

Having said that, it could easily slot in with any conspirancy theorists and be yet another urban myth.

:devil

Gobe1
10-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Ahhh bending space, no thanks, ive seen Event Horizon, not some where i want to go....

Actually i recall the magician making a plane disappear but i dont remember it ever reappearing...???

WalOne
10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Ahhh bending space, no thanks, ive seen Event Horizon, not some where i want to go....

Actually i recall the magician making a plane disappear but i dont remember it ever reappearing...???

I remember that show, it was David Copperfield and like you, I don't recall the Lear re-appearing either.

It wasn't an inflight disappearance so they couldn't blame it on the batteries that time ... :(

Cicero
10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I would suggest not holding breath for its arrival.

Unless you are into blue.

KenESmith
10-08-2010, 07:20 PM
If we get a 5 hour flight to Europe, the check in, pre- departure security checks etc and clearance at the destination will almost take as long as the flight

Morgenmuffel
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
meh my wife makes my meager income disappear more permanantly than david copperfield ever could

Gobe1
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Didnt he marry Claudia shiffer-brains? :drool

PaulD
11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Didnt he marry Claudia shiffer-brains? :drool

No she disappeared too :D