PDA

View Full Version : Logon Failure zomg fail help

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi guys I downloaded that program that speedy found (the facial recogintion one) and installed it on my machine. mistakenly I did this under the only administrator account on here...not a good idea.

So i logged out and had a go of logging in to see if it would recognise my face as it should. It did, however when it began logging into windows I got an errror to do with "not being able to find blah blah blah, the profile was not loaded"

I rebooted and as it got to the log in screen it just stayed blank with the default theme as the background, no choice of user was displayed.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled the application, tried to log into my administrator account and got the same message.

logged into my share account (non administrator privlages) and attempted to make it an administrator through computer management, when prompted to insert my password for the administrator account I did and got the error attatched to this post. I'm about to google it to see what I find but I'm hoping someone can give me some help on this via PressF1

Thanks heaps
GT

pctek
09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Brilliant. I always go hunting for user comments first - not to mention HELP on their website - and they don't have any.
I found this:

Summary: It even gets better: this program saved my computer from a formatting/reinstall!
In Win7, there's a bug that, when you activate the Guest Account, turns ALL other accounts invisible on the login screen and even in safe mode. This bug effectively locks you out of your computer if you don't use the classic login with the textfields since you cannot select any accounts. But Blink saved me by logging into your account directly and circumventing the visual login system. That way, it actually saved my computer, making this a valuable login-problem-fixing tool!

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Uh ok?
Unfortunatley that doesn't help me what so ever haha, I will log out and write down the exact error message I receive when trying to log into my admin account, this is getting frustrating as a lot of programs require admin privlages >.<

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok so when I enter my password this is what shows up

"The user profile service failed the logon"

"User profile cannot be loaded"

Then returns back to the user selection screen

fred_fish
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
This bug effectively locks you out of your computer if you don't use the classic login with the textfields since you cannot select any accounts. But Blink saved me by logging into your account directly and circumventing the visual login system. That way, it actually saved my computer, making this a valuable login-problem-fixing tool!
Hmmm, ctrl-alt-del x 2 ??

@ OP

Short answer, repair install.

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Ok update lol

just tried to run a program that requires administrator privlages such as Garena.exe

all i get is the windows cannot find garena blah blah blah, message attatched...

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Short answer, repair install.

Don't have repaire disk o.O

fred_fish
09-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Bugger....:lol:

wratterus
09-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Hmm...if the account is actually locked maybe something like NT Password Reset may unlock it? Don't think that's the problem though.

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Perhaps PressF1 may let me down :sadface:

fred_fish
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Just restore your most recent backup image ...

wratterus
09-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Just restore your most recent backup image ...

Insert Tui ad here... :lol:

wainuitech
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Try running system Restore back a day or So.

You can do it from the repair CD that you should :rolleyes: Have made.

If you dont have one download it from neosmart (http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/)

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Try running system Restore back a day or So.

You can do it from the repair CD that you should :rolleyes: Have made.

If you dont have one download it from neosmart (http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/)

impossible at the moment
cant install anything (utorrent to download the torrent) as i need admin privlages :(

pctek
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
"The user profile service failed the logon"

"User profile cannot be loaded"

Yes. I think it's stuffed it. Repair install - go borrow a disk.

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 03:26 PM
downloading a diff iso image not uploaded as a torrent, will let yas know

hopefully i dont need admin privlages to burn the iso -_-

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
OK so i downloaded the iso

all i did was burn the iso to a dvd with the inbuilt burner, but it doesn't seem to boot from it?
pressing F12 on startup doesnt bring up advanced startup options so im a bit confuzed...help?

nofam
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Perhaps PressF1 may let me down :sadface:

Dude, don't blame the people here for your epic failure; you broke one of the cardinal rules when testing unknown software: you installed an untested, low-level app on a production PC.

Get VMware (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/), chuck an OS on it, and go crazy on there, not your main PC.

Good luck with getting access again though - hope a repair install works out!

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Hmmm anyone else? I don''t know what to do anymore, have burned the recovery iso to disk and tried a system restore, but the only restore point was today -____- tried it anyway and didnt manage to fix the problem..i really dont want to have to take this to a computer technician...dont have the money to spare to be honest

DeSade
09-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Maybe link to the file you downloaded so we can see if it should be bootable. You might have the wrong download.

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM
already made bootable media

fred_fish
09-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Beg, borrow or steal a Windows disk matching your installed flavour, and do a repair install.

Ferg
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Get a copy of UBCD for Windows (UBCD4WIN). It boots from a CD.

It has a program called Sala Password Renew.

This can turn any account into an administrator account, or create a new account with admin priveleges.

Just remember to click "install" to make it stick.

PressF1 has not failed yet...

user123
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I have no idea if this will work, but i've heard other people do it:

If you are currently logged on the 'Temporary Profile' go to Start>Run and type %USERPROFILE%. Copy the current location which should be in the Address Bar (click an empty area in the address bar and highlight>copy everything). Go to notepad and paste the address there. Save it somewhere accessible. If you have any other account that you can logon to, log on, and go to the notepad file you just saved. Copy the address. Now right click Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt. Select run as admin. type del address where address is the address you pasted in notepad. Press Enter. Try to log back in. If it doesn't work or you don't have permission use a live OS such as Windows PE or Ubuntu to delete the folder.

IN SHORTER WORDS, DELETE THE TEMPORARY USER PROFILE'S FOLDER.
Remember: I can't guarantee this will work

user123
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
you can also try these:

delete ntuser.dat in your profile, windows will recreate it

Search for ntuser.man & rename it to ntuser.dat if you don't pick up ntuser.man, then logg in with safe mode & networking as administrator, rename the corrupt profile, then, logg in again as yourself so that a new profile is created.

I had this exact error/problem. To fix it I added back full security permissions to 'SYSTEM' on my profile folder. I had previously removed permissions from everyone buy myself and then started recieving this error.

To do this go to 'C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME' , where USERNAME is your user. Then right click on the folder and go to 'Sharing and Security...' Click on the security tab and make sure that SYSTEM has full permissions. If SYSTEM is not there, add it and then give permissions. voilą!