PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 Adapter Drivers

Tracer-Bullet
09-08-2010, 06:39 AM
I've recently re-installed Windows XP 32 Bit on my Toshiba Satellite Pro A120. I don't have the disc with all the original drivers for it so I've had to download them from the internet. My problem is that when trying to connect to a wireless network I get the error message;

"The network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters."

After a bit of Googling I found out this is due to outdated drivers (WLan I think) which I can update here (http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads). I've tried installing each type of the drivers listed ( Atheros, Broadcom, Intel & Realtek) however I still receive the error message above.

I also cannot connect via Ethernet and the site I linked doesn't have LAN drivers available for my laptop model.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

pctek
09-08-2010, 07:09 AM
So is the password between 5 and 13 characters? Take the security off - try the connection - working?
Put security back on again and try a different longer password.

Tracer-Bullet
09-08-2010, 07:29 AM
So is the password between 5 and 13 characters? Take the security off - try the connection - working?
Put security back on again and try a different longer password.

Yes, the password is 12 characters. Before I re-installed windows I could connect to the Wi-Fi fine.

I disabled the protection and it connected fine, I then changed the password to 16 characters which it accepted, it then shows the connection as having limited connectivity which is actually none at all.

SolMiester
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes, the password is 12 characters. Before I re-installed windows I could connect to the Wi-Fi fine.

I disabled the protection and it connected fine, I then changed the password to 16 characters which it accepted, it then shows the connection as having limited connectivity which is actually none at all.

Older wi-fi devices will struggle with encryption over-head....also, ensure you are fully service packed to version 3, as I think SP2 enabled WPA, or was it WPA2?

Tracer-Bullet
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM
ensure you are fully service packed to version 3, as I think SP2 enabled WPA, or was it WPA2?

Bingo!

I was planning to update to version 3 via the internet however I did it via disc and now everything's working as intended.

Many thanks!