PDA

View Full Version : Now the ads are going waaay too far

ubergeek85
09-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I know, I know, it's been said before, but I just have to post this...

All I can say is: :stare:

goodiesguy
09-08-2010, 01:28 AM
thats why i block them with Adblock plus. i dont see ads on any site i dont want to

Chilling_Silence
09-08-2010, 01:40 AM
You mean you don't want to date a Granny ? :D

ubergeek85
09-08-2010, 01:52 AM
You mean you don't want to date a Granny ? :D

You mean you do?! :lol:

Mrs. Chill wouldn't be impressed, I can imagine....

kenj
09-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Nothing wrong with a granny when you are a grandpa :punk

Ken

Strommer
09-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Nothing wrong with a granny when you are a grandpa :punk

Ken

And some grannies are only in their early 40's. :cool:

Meryl Street is 61 and a grandmother. I sure wouldn't mind being with her for awhile...

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Aren't those ad's generated from your searching habbits :confused:

Renmoo
09-08-2010, 10:36 AM
:lol:

Ninjabear
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Lol, I dont know how "Gay Chat Community" ended up as an advertisment on the left. Like im not gay or anything

kenj
09-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Meryl Street is 61 and a grandmother. I sure wouldn't mind being with her for awhile...

I hope your intentions would be honourable!!!!!

Ken :banana

Strommer
09-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I hope your intentions would be honourable!!!!!

Ken :banana

With Meryl they would be. :D
It would be fascinating to have a good talk with her. A remarkable actor. Since I don't find her sexy-beautiful, it would be easy to be honourable, but not so sure about some of the early 40's women around...!! :wub :banana
(For those of you still in your 20's or even teens, 40+ must seem ancient, but let me tell you: "Just you wait and see when you get older!!)

rob_on_guitar
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Ive left the ads on from the start, just got used to them. Sad but true.
How could I keep away from you lot and your messages of happiness :lol:

Chilling_Silence
09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
They're generated more based on the content of the forum. You're in a "Chat" forum. It's detected that and is offering Ads accordingly ;)

Agent_24
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Are you a Vampire or Werewolf?"

Are these ads trying to suggest that we should watch Twilight? :angry :yuck:

GreacherTech
09-08-2010, 01:31 PM
"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Are you a Vampire or Werewolf?"

Are these ads trying to suggest that we should watch Twilight? :angry :yuck:

Maybe they can read your mind Agent_24, don't lie I know you'ev watched all 3 movies and read the books countless times :D :P

kahawai chaser
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
It's the advertisers using Adwords (or not using effectively - if new to Adwords) in Google. They are likely using a "broad" keyword selection for their campaigns (as opposed to excat, phrase, negative, and other targeted techniques). This will significantly increase their reach online (and of course bemusement and even annoyance), but not necessarily conversions.

If Google searchers reach this forums via Google search by typing - chat f1 NZ, it may trigger the Gay chat ads and note that it's at No. 1 (top), as "chat" (in the ad) matches chat in PC World Chat (the link above), which Google gives priority placement at that position (as all advertisers have to bid for placement), based on "relevancy", no. of advertisers, and possibly on bidding costs - if an advertiser pays a "lot" for bidding to seek the top position.

But advertisers will be paying more, by using - chat - as a broad search - as will likely get a lot of impressions - both in the search network and content network (i.e. adsense in sites), and partner networks. It also increases the risk of any competition to repeatedly click on their ads to increase their click cost. Also a new feature by Google: if you do click on sponsored/adsense ads - those excat same ads may reappear on future sites you visit. Called re marketing or something.

Understanding Keyword match types for Adwords search queries explained here (http://searchengineland.com/understanding-keyword-match-types-42789) (from a advertisers perspective) by a Adwords Professional.

fred_fish
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Lol, I dont know how "Gay Chat Community" ended up as an advertisment on the left. Like im not gay or anything

Well, as it turns out, the Google cars were also fitted with a neural cortex scanner to data match your subliminal thoughts with your ip address for better advertisement targeting.
So maybe you are and you just don't know it yet ... :D

Cicero
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM
"
. Like im not gay or anything

But can we be sure?

Agent_24
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
:lol:

mikebartnz
09-08-2010, 08:27 PM

There was a woman in England that was a granny at 28.

R2x1
10-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Probably a lot to do with Lucas calendars.

ubergeek85
10-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Probably a lot to do with Lucas calendars.

I thought they canned that project.

The ink was twice the price of HP's, and stuck to paper like photons to a mirror.

Of course, they wouldn't can a project that worked that well!

[Gotta love the Lucas-bashing bandwagon]

Cicero
10-08-2010, 07:44 AM
I thought they canned that project.

The ink was twice the price of HP's, and stuck to paper like photons to a mirror.

Of course, they wouldn't can a project that worked that well!

[Gotta love the Lucas-bashing bandwagon]

I have reported R2 to George,the grandson and film maker.