PDA

View Full Version : About time

leonidas5
08-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Have waited to see this reaction from the moderates for some time.

Will NZ Muslims openly and publicly follow suit?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10900478

prefect
08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Why should NZ Muslims do anything? As far as we know they arent doing terrorist attacks in NZ. Any potential local terrorists (Like in Urerewas) will always go to KFC, Burger King, Mackers maybe Wendys they can be shot dead there.
If Muslims from here want to go to Iraq or Afghanistan and kill foreigner occupying forces thats their right.
Just like commies from here went to aid the Republicans in the Spanish civil war.

leonidas5
08-08-2010, 11:04 AM
It's the condemnation of terrorism that is needed.

We hear very little from the moderates and if enough of them were to speak out there would be a lot less misguided antagonism.

Have a look at the document referred to, if only the translators introduction.

prefect
08-08-2010, 11:17 AM
No reason NZ Muslims should be picked on to condemn terrorism.
You would have to be consistent and pick on the NZ jewish council which supports isrel state carrying out atrocities against people in occupied Palestine.

leonidas5
08-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I haven't picked on NZ Muslims. The term "moderate" applies to Muslims anywhere that are opposed to the regime that promotes terrorism in many parts of the world. And there are a great many of Muslim moderates. What I am saying is that they need to speak up.

Don't confuse the issue of the report. Some clerics have spoken out against terrorism but a hell of a lot are silent and need to show another way and another opinion, to the young folk who are being recruited by the jhadists.

qazwsxokmijn
08-08-2010, 12:43 PM
All the muslims I know (not too many, but quite a few) are sane people and have the same opinion as I do regarding extremists: they must die.

I see no point in following UK's steps and tarring all the Muslims in NZ with the same brush.

Cicero
08-08-2010, 02:12 PM
No reason NZ Muslims should be picked on to condemn terrorism.
You would have to be consistent and pick on the NZ Jewish council which supports Israel state carrying out atrocities against people in occupied Palestine.

I think as it Muslims causing the problems,it would be nice if they spoke out about their nasty co-believers.