PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver

AZ1
05-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey
Does anyone know why I can not upload my dreamweaver site to a webhost (webs.com). I have uploaded a different dreamweaver to that same webhost before but that had no links on it. This one has links to other pages on my site and to other sites!
Thanks

hueybot3000
05-08-2010, 10:57 PM
What you mean you cannot upload? Does the web server have space for it? Using correct port and user details??

Renmoo
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi,

It would be great if you can input more details into this paragraph:

I have uploaded a different dreamweaver to that same webhost before but that had no links on it. This one has links to other pages on my site and to other sites!

Ta

GameJunkie
05-08-2010, 11:33 PM
he's not having much luck with anything to do making a webpage judging from his other threads about this issue.

move on perhaps??

Snorkbox
06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Probably uploading to the wrong directory on the server.

But who really knows?

stu161204
06-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Does anyone know why I can not upload my dreamweaver site to a webhost (webs.com). I have uploaded a different dreamweaver to that same webhost before but that had no links on it.

Is this your problems you having?

This one has links to other pages on my site and to other sites!

Or Is this the problem???

:confused: :confused:

You need to give us more information :) & if you want PM me the website URL & I can have a look.

AZ1
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey
I upload it to FTP. Normally the site I upload is there when I go on my website but this time the website is empty. Why?
Thanks

Snorkbox
07-08-2010, 05:05 PM
So I take it you are uploading via FTP but where to? www.xxx.xx?

stu161204
07-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey
I upload it to FTP. Normally the site I upload is there when I go on my website but this time the website is empty. Why?
Thanks

That normally means your upload did not work or you upload your site to the wrong folder:

Did you get any error messages from your FTP client? What FTP client are you using?

Are you uploading your website to the correct folder?, sometime you have to upload your website to a folder called "public_html" or "httpdocs" etc...

hueybot3000
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Check folder, also have you adjusted permissions at all? Is hosting paid up to date? I have heard of hosts putting a htaccess file in there to temporarily shutdown a website if payment is overdue, but not sure how common that might be as I'm always paid up to date!

Are the files showing when you upload them? As stu asked what FTP client?

dpDesignz
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Do you have an index.html file? also what is/isn't showing up? Have a URL we can look at?

robbyp
09-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey
Does anyone know why I can not upload my dreamweaver site to a webhost (webs.com). I have uploaded a different dreamweaver to that same webhost before but that had no links on it. This one has links to other pages on my site and to other sites!
Thanks

Contact your web host, that is the type of support you pay them for, and they would be the best person to answer your question.