PDA

View Full Version : ISP: Worldnet - Any one on it?

CCF
03-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey ya guys

Just came across this Worldnet isp, was wondering if any one is currently on it. ? I came across two forums with OP complaining the living hell out of it...though thought I ask here for some better advice/comments, as one post was several years ago while another was dated back to early Jan.

Never heard or seen Worldnet before, though after a brief search in Pressf1, apparently its been there for some time now...so any comments on there bb services?

Thanks a bunch =D

bob_doe_nz
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Avoid like the plague (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=49&topicid=56747)

bevy121
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Even a lot of the "info" on the site is obviously translated (not very well either) from Korean or something.

... but their Conditions and Obligations are very comprehensive!
(and possibly not legally enforceable in the case of 5.3)

# PAYMENT

* 5.1 You must pay all charges for the Services on their Payment Due Date. We reserve the right to demand payment for charges other than those specified in the Services in the event that additional time and resources are reasonably utilised in order to provide the Service.
* 5.2 If full payment of a charge has not been made on its Payment Due Date, we may charge a penalty fee of $10, interest on all sums outstanding at the rate of 5% per month from the Payment Due Date to the date full payment is received, any costs that are incurred by us (including our agents) in recovering the money you owe us and legal costs.
* 5.3 If you do not query any charge stated in an invoice within 10 Days of the date of the invoice then you will be deemed to have accepted the invoice.
* 5.4 All payments are non-refundable unless specified.
* 5.5 You must not withhold payment of any amount set out in an invoice, regardless of whether You believe there is a mistake.
* 5.6 Fixed monthly fees will be invoiced in advance unless stated otherwise.
* 5.7 Payment must be made by credit card or direct debit. Other payment methods may incur additional administration fee for each transaction. If there are insufficient funds available to meet debits from your account, it will incur a minimum $2.50 administration fee per transaction. We are not responsible for any charges or expenses (e.g. erroneous account information, on-site visit, etc) resulting from charges invoiced by WorldNet Services Limited.
* 5.8 Invoice sent on monthly basis by electronic mail only. A minimum $2.50 per invoice will be charged if you require paper invoices to be posted monthly.
* 5.9 We reserve the right to impose a credit limit on your account at our discretion.

CCF
03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Avoid like the plague (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=49&topicid=56747)

Yep that is 1 of the two post I came across...sounds pretty horrible..though of course one cant judge an ISP by a single customer...though the assault post made by the OP was bit worrying.

lakewoodlady
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Yep that is 1 of the two post I came across...sounds pretty horrible..though of course one cant judge an ISP by a single customer...though the assault post made by the OP was bit worrying.

Also remember, for every one person who whinges publicly about something , there are probably one hundred who don't, even though they have/had the same complaint.

LL

GameJunkie
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
wasnt there already a thread about this ISP on here recently??

CCF
03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
wasnt there already a thread about this ISP on here recently??

Really? My search shows the last thread about Worldnet was back in 2007 :stare: Bit worried as well...

Snorkbox
03-08-2010, 10:33 PM
5% per month interest is 60% pa.

Don't lose your job.

Pity we can't charge Companies similar for breaches of contract like lack of service etc.

Trev
04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Run by and owned by Asians. Help desk run by Asians who don't have a good grasp of english. Thats what it was like before April 2002 when I was with them. Moved from them when they were down for a whole weekend. Helpdesk closed. I was on dialup then and every now and then they use to send you a letter reminding you that you could not have friends etc using your connection as well as you as you would be violating your contract with them and if found to be doing so your dialup connection would be terminated.
:)

brig
04-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Been with World Net for 11 years

A few hiccups but no worse than I read here from other ISPs

brig

pctek
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Run by and owned by Asians. Help desk run by Asians who don't have a good grasp of english.

Which is not necessarily a reason to avoid them.
I know quite a few lovely asians with varying degrees of skill in English.

More to the point is the customer service, which seems to be mostly negative.

sarel
04-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I was also with them on dial-up, never any problems. When I went BB I had to change ISP's.

sarel