PDA

View Full Version : serial pressance detect

03-09-2001, 09:55 PM
i am getting a message spd (serial pressance detect) data missing or incomplete. Can you tell me if there is possibly something missing on my system (celron 466)or can i ignor this message? everything seems to be working ok as far as i can tell. This message has only recenty appered on startup. I am running w98se

03-09-2001, 11:45 PM
Its probably caused by one of your programs in start being broken.

Run MSCONFIG from start-run. On the startup tab untick everythink except systray, then reboot.

If the problem goes away, then it is related to one of the programs you unticked. Then enable a few at a time (or course most of them you probably don't actually need), and you should be able to track down the offending program, which a reinstall should fix.

04-09-2001, 03:51 PM
If this message is occuring before windows starts ie right you switch on the computer, then it's referring to your memory. SPD is used by the memory to the computer the speeds the memory can operate at. Why this message has only started occuring - you've changed a setting in the BIOS? Added memory?

04-09-2001, 03:51 PM
Where are you getting the message. Is it a pop up or is it in your boot details?
It means taht you have hardware that has not been approved by Intel.
In my case it means that the extra ram I installed was not an Intel favourite brand.
I have been getting the message every time I boot up, for the past twelve months. Don't worry about it, it won't do any harm.

04-09-2001, 08:45 PM
thanks for the responce i will try your sugestion

04-09-2001, 08:57 PM
thanks for the responce. i have installed more ram & it could be the reason for the message. I think i might ignor it as you sugest